Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Quickplay Windows can be found here
    and the registry hack here but it was for Vista not sure it will work in XP, but worth a shot.

@ tannalv, out of curiosity do you have the quickplay software installed? i'm trying to remember if there's a connection btw that software & the remote :confused:

@ darionco i think you can use drivermax to backup drivers, maybe thats one way that you could share the drivers that are working on your system.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Annie-SanJose

Annie-SanJose Pen Pal - Newbie

So I found that if I have darionco's vga drivers installed and uninstall the "ene cir receiver" driver the remote works. If I use any driver for the cir receiver the remote stops working.

I have already tried the enecir.sys driver from agashka's driver and just about every Microsoft HID driver. No luck. Having it uninstalled does not seem to cause any issues, except it asks me to find/install the driver everytime windows restarts.

darionco, I believe one of your posts mentioned you were using HID Interface Receiver for the cir receiver driver. I had no luck with using that one though. Would appreciate if you can confirm which driver you are using.

3. darionco

darionco Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Annie,

Well I broke my XP setup last night and right now it's reinstalling, so now I can't tell you what drivers I was using, what I can tell you is that I'm trying to install everything using HP drivers and I'm getting slightly better results using those (I have a TX2524ca), you can even get the SATA driver from HP... ATI actually; it is the SB driver inside the drivers you download from ATI's site, you just have to slipstream.

BTW I noticed that the remote works out of the box on a completely fresh install without any slipstreamed drivers (other than the sata driver).

When i finish reinstalling XP, if my findings worth it, I will probably write a guide or something to point people to the right drivers.

As a last point, if you are having troubles with the graphics card and you think you're alone, go to the AMD forums and check the hundreds of complaints about the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics card, it might make you feel better.

Cheers

darionco

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. darionco

Hi again,

After reinstalling XP on my TX2500 (TX2524ca) using almost only HP drivers I got everything working... well the advanced info of the hard drive (S.M.A.R.T.) is not showing up and the catalyst control center is broken, although this is specific to people experiencing slow 2D performance.

The remote is working, by the way.

I'm posting a full list of drivers in a new thread.

cheers

darionco

5. Annie-SanJose

Hi darionco,

Thanks for your post and the new thread. I did find that if I used the "Wacom Virtual HID Driver" or the "Wacom Hid Device" for the ene cir device that also works, meaning the remote works. As you indicated in the other thread also tried using the "HP Remote Control HID Device" for ENE CIR and that works okay for me too.

I only have one remaining issue, the volume buttons do not work this is the case even if I try the volume buttons that are just above the keyboard. The mute button does work though. Do you have the volume buttons working?

6. darionco

Yup, the volume buttons work on the remote as well as the ones on the computer.

Do you have the latest Realtek HD codec drivers???
    Reinstalling windows might solve the problem, I believe that when you change/install/uninstall/reinstall the drivers too many times, some drivers get corrupted and lose functionality, that's what I believe though.

cheers

darionco

7. Annie-SanJose

Okay, so I was confused!

In one of my many installations I had installed XP Media Center and there when I pressed the volume buttons it actually showed green bars on the screen when lowering and raising the volume. So I assumed my volume was not working because now with Tablet I did not see the bars on the screen when I pressed the buttons.

Well I finally put a CD in and actually tested the volume and it works, even though there is no indication on the screen. I guess I should have done that to begin with :)

Thanks all for all the help.

8. ferguson81

ferguson81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to thank to all of the contributors of this forum...
    Finally I was able to overcome the BSOD problem and I have successfully downgraded to windows XP... after reading all the comments in this forum:)

my laptop is HP tx2540es.... and what i did was:

I used windows XP tablet PC Edition 2005 (updated to Feb 2007)
    using nlite
    1. remove--> components --> Drivers -->SCSI/RAID
    i removed the included raid driver.

2. i downloaded :
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-61695-1

and extracted the package
    integrate-->drivers-->insert-->single driver-->(from x86 folder:ahcix86.inf)-->textmode driver-->AMD SATA AHCI Controller-x86 platform

3. bootable iso--> burn

I burned a new cd and that's all...

9. SciLor

SciLor SciLor

I get BSOD, but I cant find the SATA drivers which causes it (not listed in nLite?!)

10. pilotleston

pilotleston Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I have a doubt. A friend of mine has a Windows XP Tablet PC edition but he can't find both CDs, he only has the second. Is there a posibility that the OS might be installed using another Windows XP installation CD as the first one? I have my Windows XP Professional media, for example.