Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annie-SanJose

Annie-SanJose Pen Pal - Newbie

Slipstreaming both XP tablet 2005 cd1 and cd2 along with the gigabyte sata driver into a single dvd did the trick and now I have an XP installation with Tablet functions enabled.

I was able to fix most of the driver issues in device manager with the driver package provided by agashka. Thank you!

I also installed the Quick Launch from HP website
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3747931
    and I am able to rotate my screen clicking on the quick launch button.

Seems the only remaining issue is that it shows a PCI Device that it cannot find a driver for. Any ideas there?

2. Annie-SanJose

After installing some additional stuff, Realtek HDA drivers and bluetooth drivers, I no longer have the PCI device problem in device manager.

Did anyone ever get the remote control to work? How about the fingerprint reader?

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

4. Annie-SanJose

Installed fingerprint software and it works. Thanks.

Remote still does not do anything even though it seems installed in device manager. Does anyone actually has a working remote?

5. tannalv

tannalv Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine too is installed, et all. But not functioning... Haven't tried it until your post, but yeah, it's not working. No biggie to me, but it could be usefull at some point in time... Do not have any ideas or suggestions on this one though, sorry. :(

(On a sidenote: I did prefer the remote that came with the tx2000, it was much nicer I think)

6. DRTigerlilly

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. tannalv

tannalv Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't want to state the obvious, so I won't.
    In spite of the obvious I managed to add this manually in device manager, no go.
    The remote works fine in Vista, so it's all about finding the right driver...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Triny

Triny Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone direct me to quickplay for windows please? I am guessing its not the same one thats in agashkas folder correct? I do remember drtigerlilly mentioning something about installing quickplay and changing registry entry but am not sure about the QP download itself.

Did anyone get quickplay DIRECT to work on TX2500? Is it even worth a try or pretty much a NO CHANCE situation? Thanks!

9. DRTigerlilly

@ tannalv i didn't ask if the remote worked in vista, i asked if anyone had installed the driver in XP and if the remote then worked.

@ triny the quickplay direct can work, its more an issue of finding the software...and you have to partition your hard drive, for the linux mini os (which is quickplay direct) to install.

found these two posts related to getting it installed

http://andreineculau.wordpress.com/2007/02/24/hp-quickplay-qp-direct-23-re-install/

and this is the guy that used to host it: http://www.asifism.com/hp-quickplay-windows-vista/download-hp-quickplay-direct-2/

10. darionco

darionco Pen Pal - Newbie

My remote is working, I didn't realize until now that I have an "HP Remote Control HID Device" installed, I don't even know where it came from, but I'm going to figure it out and post how to get the remote working.

darionco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.