insignia flex 8 windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bill m, Dec 7, 2017.

1. bill m

bill m Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone no how to get back the on screen keyboard in the insignia flex 8 with windows 10? All I get is the stupid cortana whenever I hit a search box. Prefer the on screen keyboard. It was coming up each time I tapped a search box but not any more. There even was a keyboard icon on the task bar but no longer. Not sure if I did something I didn't mean to do or if it has something to do with microsofts automatic updates which I noticed soon after that I couldn't access the on screen keyboard. Now , except for when I start up the tablet, all I get is cortana whenever I tap a search box. I'd really like that keyboard back. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

There are some settings you can check. The first should be in settings>devices>typing or something like that. There should be a setting that says show touch keyboard when in desktop mode.

The other, you need to right click or tap and hold in the task bar and there should be a context menu with the choice to show touch keyboard button.

The fastest way to find those settings is to go to the settings app and search for task bar settings and keyboard settings. It should take you directly where you need to go.

I hope this helps.

JoeS likes this.
  3. bill m

bill m Pen Pal - Newbie

4. bill m

bill m Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you so much. The tapping and hold of the taskbar brought up the keyboard option. Thanks again.

5. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

You're welcome! Glad I could help!