Insignia 8.9" win 10/2g/32gb 1920x1200 $149 @ best buy... anyone have info on this?

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Alchemist, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

2. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought one about 10 day ago when it was on sale for a couple days. No cases or screen protectors yet obviously. Tablet is solidly built, battery is a little small 6 to 7 hours of web browsing, email, etc., but less than 5 hours of video streaming. From the power setting options it looks like the tablet doesn't have a sensor for tablet screen cover status (open or close). Resolution and screen are impressive for an economy tablet not quite as good as a Thinkpad 8 but the cost is less then a third the cost of the Thinkpad 8.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

What did they have it on sale for? must have missed that one. I'm looking for something with high resolution and wider than 16x9 aspect... 4x3 ideally but outside of apple, samsung and chinese tablets there aren't a lot of choices that wide but this didn't look bad. I finally found a best buy with it on display. 8.9" with that res is a bit tiny on windows without zooming it up but all that resolution would be great for PDFs and such. I've been toying with getting on of the chinese tablets out there that use the form and screen of the ipad... but hate buying blind. This might be a good alternative. Screen looked bright and clear and its pretty light for its size.

4. bizlazybug

bizlazybug Pen Pal - Newbie

Would you happen to know if the tablet actually has a GPS sensor? Its listed in the Best Buy specs page but I haven't seen anyone confirm or comment on it yet.

5. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

It has a GPS receiver but there isn't much software support that I can find for it. If you find a package that tells what satellites are in the position solution and the location errors please post the information.

6. bizlazybug

bizlazybug Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the confirmation. I was planning to use this in the car for music/gps navigation through windows maps app. Now I wonder if the usb port allows for a usb hub/y cable to enable data/charging at the same time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.