Input options for tablet

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ekom, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ekom

ekom Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered a fujitsu t4210, and my opinion is that the 12.1in screen is quite small, so i also bought a monitor. My questions are, when the monitor is hooked up to the tablet does the tablet stay open or shut with the monitor hooked up? I ask because idk if i can use the keyboard or not, or even the touchsceen part of the tablet. If it can remain open, out of prefrence, is it nicer to have an extra keyboard? Then my final question, is how is everyones experiance with bluetooth mice? How do they compare to RF?

Sorry if some of these quetions seem idiotic, but i've never owned a laptop or tablet

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Errm, let me see if I have read your question correct....

If you hook up the T4210 to a monitor via the VGA port, open it up and switch it on; you will then be able to send the screen data to the monitor.

Press F10 and you will notice the screen is sent accross.
    Press in again and your T4210 screen will go blank.
    Press it yet again and the monitor will go blank but the T4210 will once again come to life.

In otherwords, you need it open to have it switched on and access to the F10 key.
    As to the keyboard, you can either still use the tablets key or attach a wireless keyboard and mouse and do it that way.

I myself have my P7010 attached to my 42" LCD TV but control it from the comfort of my armchair with a cordless USB keyboard and mouse.
    I also use the 'Gyration' mouse, with allows you to use it like a wand ~ you simply move it around in the air and the pointer follows.

3. ekom

ekom Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you for the info, and that sounds like a pretty sick set up you got yourself.

Anyone have any experiance with bluetooth mice/keyboards?