Ink quality: only good on Penabled digitizers. Why?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shogmaster, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kritzler

kritzler Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem with my Intuos A4 serial connected to my Desktop PC with Windows 7. In this little up-popping writing window (sorry, don´t know how it is called in english) signs look terrible when writing them there. They look like they are printed with a plotter - cornered, not really pretty. With PS and Painter it is not as worse but still not smooth. But this is also with Windows XP. Thought this could had to do with my monitor and it´s resolution (1920x1200) but now, when reading this I think this must be an other problem. Maybe it has to do with the Wacom driver? Cause I don´t remember that I had this problem in the past.
    (I wanted to write this because i read someone wrote that this w/c/should be a problem with Intuos 2 and higher version tablets - and mine is none but I also do have this problem)

2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I would definitely try other Wacom drivers for your Intuos if you're having iffy line on Painter of all things. I do remember a few recent driver that was utter sh#t on that front. They fixed it pretty quickly though.

3. kritzler

kritzler Pen Pal - Newbie

I have now installed 6.05-7 - the last official for serial tablets. On Painter everything is okay, with Photoshop there still is this problem with this plot-style inking but only when I draw fast.

4. Shogmaster

If you have Photoshop pre CS4, the lines never looked good anyways. ;)

5. marcelor

marcelor Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but has any solution been found for this problem?

I have an HP Slate 500 with the Ntrig digitizer and I observe the same problems with it in contrast with my other TabletPCs. I was thinking to get a Cintiq 21UX to use with One Note until I ran into this thread.

6. Shogmaster

With NTrig, it could be because their digitizer and pen are inferior to Wacom's. Or it could be because their pressure levels are higher than Wacom Penabled. Who knows?

I'm currently searching Ebay everyday to buy a Wacom PL600 pen display. It's a USB LCD tablet that has 256 levels. If INK looks good on that, we can safely conclude that it's the pressure levels and not UART vs USB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.