Indoor-outdoor displays with Fujitsu and HP

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Spruce, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spruce

Spruce Pen Pal - Newbie

The HP TC4200 now offers an optional "enhanced outdoor-viewable" display, presumably to compete with the Fujitsu T4020's optional "indoor/outdoor" display. I have seen posts with images comparing the indoor and outdoor performance of the T4020 display. Has anyone compared the two tablets' optional displays against each other, i.e., the Fujitsu versus the HP in indoor performance and the same comparison outdoors?

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Spruce, I have never had the chance to compare the two, but it is most likely that HP is using identical screen technology for the I/O screen. I would bank on this - you would essentially see the same compromises for indoor performance with the HP as well.

3. Spruce

Spruce Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your prompt reply, Barry. Since you know infinitely more than I about this area I'll provisionally accept what you say. However since HP and White Electronic Designs are touting the advantages of their new technology (e.g., http://www.wedc.com/pr_detail.php?code=news&id=247)) it seems at least possible that its display characteristics might differ from those of Fujitsu's indoor/outdoor display. Perhaps you'll find yourself with access to both I/O displays sometime and in a position to do a head-to-head comparison both indoors and outdoors.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.