indoor/outdoor display

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Barry J. Doyle, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Rage

Rage Pen Pal - Newbie

Just look at the picture taken outdoors again. That's about the quality (perhaps a little better) you can expect indoors. Outdoors, it's usually not quite as good as what that picture shows. We use Fujitsu tablets with this monitor that were supposed to replace the Motion tablets that we had but after seeing the quality of the indoor part of the indoor/outdoor display, I kept my Motion tablet.

2. Rage

Rage Pen Pal - Newbie

Thinking about it and I think I realized the main thing that messes up the picture quality of the Indoor/outdoor screen when you're inside...
    There is a faint white haze that reflects off the back of the protective glass plate coming from the lights on the front-lit screen. That haze imo causes a lot of the color wash out. If only the screen was both front AND backlit, and you could turn off the frontlit portion when you are indoors.........that'd be problem solved.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agreed. The only thing that stands in the way outside of the lighting issue is that one of the screen layers on the I/O display may have some anti-reflective properties. That partially kills the color saturation indoors as well. Regardless of this, I think your idea could be an excellent improvement!