indoor/outdoor display

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Barry J. Doyle, Jan 15, 2006.

1. amgrover

amgrover Pen Pal - Newbie

tried posting on the fujitsu forum but barry seems to be the only one that likes to answer promptly & from what I see he resides here...

is the quality on the indoor/outdoor display bad? Fujitsu in particular. I just ordered the LCD with my T4020 and was a bit curious so theres no bad surprises when I finally get it (sposed to ship the 19th :cool: ) I dont need a HD quality display but I dont want to be showin off my cool new tablet & havin people say "whys your screen look so bad?" Itll probably be worth a slight quality decline if I can use it in pretty much any lighting. I think bein able to do homework outside on a nice day would be worth it. would you recommend avoiding movies on it?

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

amgrover, it's me again lol, but I want to set your mind at ease. With the Fujitsu I/O display, your screen will certainly not look "bad". It will be a bit less vibrant that a standard display when you are under indoor lighting, BUT when it comes to outdoor use, you will enjoy this technology and won't be squinting your eyes. The quality loss indoors will not be that noticeable that others will point it out. I think you will be overjoyed with this tablet, so sleep well. ; )

3. kingjimmi

kingjimmi Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Dustin

Dustin Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, that picture that compares the two displays is incredable
    the indoor one is horrible outdoors

Ohh well, i still like my indoor screen. Where i live its freezing 1/3 the year and slushy another 1/3. Plus i am extremely carefull (you might even call it paranoia) about my electronic devices, so i probably wouldnt bring it outside anywase in fear of the sun fading the case.

5. Bhaltair

Bhaltair Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a nice post with the pictures in direct sunlight. The problem is that we never see the indoor/outdoor display inside. I've heard (Haven't seen) that the indoor/outdoor is so dark inside and it takes away from the experience.

Does anyone have any pictures to compare the indoor only / indoor/outdoor views inside a building?

6. amgrover

Well I dont yet but I will on christmas, Ill post my own minireview when I get it. The guy doing the tabletpc2 review didnt sound too discouraged by using the indoor/outdoor display indoors.

"What ever the lighting, this display is clearly viewable and easy on the eyes. The color depth may not br quite as bright inside as the st4120 with the indoor only display, but the flexibility and versatility of being able to use it in any lighting condition makes it well worth the trade off."

this is the only part of my purchase thats got me a bit worried. hopin for the best though...

7. Bhaltair

These buying jitters really are horrible, aren't they?

I ordered the indoor display. They assured me that you could see pretty ok in the shade outside with it, and StockMarket also said it looked good in the shade.
    We should meet up and take side by side pictures since there are none on the web of the ST5000 series NOT in direct sunlight :)

My machine won't ship until the 27th though (or that's what the ship date is predicted to be).

8. amgrover

i dunno bout meetin up but Ill let yall know how it looks inside. It cant be much worse than this notebook on the dim screen battery saving mode. Mine ships the 19th :cool:

9. Bhaltair

that was a joke. I'm surprised Fujitsu doesn't have this into online, especially since there's so few retail stores you can view these tablets at.
    I've had issues with Fujita, so I'm Still hoping to get mine by the first of the year.

10. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

well - have you got it yet - Im just about to order and Im holding my breath to find out what you think of the indoor/outoor screen?
    I hope its everything you dreamed it would be!
    Please let us kow as soon as you can - thanks!
    Emma