IN NEED OF HELP / LOOKING TO BUY - Asus EP 121 Charger

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by leeleemoreau, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeleemoreau

leeleemoreau Pen Pal - Newbie

IN NEED OF HELP / LOOKING TO BUY

So I'm at my wits end I've had my Asus 3p121 since 2006 I love it and I've upgraded it and babied her.
    My fiance recently snapped the input from the charger. and I've bought 3 NEW 3rd party company chargers and NONE have fit.
    I would buy the actual Asus charger but I can't seem to find it.
    PLEASE IF ANYONE knows where to find the real asus ep121 charger or knows the RIGHT 3rd party charger that will fit and charge please let me KNOW!
    If I can't find it I'm just going to sell it which I really don't want.

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can't help you with a specific charger model, but the Ep121 has a cable tip that is quite uncommon. What you need to look for are the dimensions of the round barrel tip on the charger cable, which are always specified by "Outer diameter x Inner diameter", or in short OD x ID.

The EP121 needs a plug with the dimensions 3.0 x 1.1 mm. So look for that. You may also be able to find adapters that you can put on an existing charger, on ebay etc.

The EP121 charger was made by Innergie, so you could also buy one of their universal chargers and request then a free tip for your EP121.

There is also plenty more information in the Asus EP121 section of this forum:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/forums/ep121-slate.1044/

3. leeleemoreau

leeleemoreau Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much for your help! I sent them a email asking for their help also.
    I did a search and I'm not 100% certain but when I bought the tablet it was advertized as a EP 121 but I see B121 is there a difference in the sizes for the plugs?

4. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@leeleemoreau Both EP121 and B121 version use the same plug/power adapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.