In 2019, What is the Best N-Trig/MPP Pen?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 10, 2019.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yup. Funnily enough though, I watched the video you linked previously on this forum and let autoplay take me to the next video which was another review of the new Microsoft Slim Pen and the guy mentioned there that haptics made the stylus feel the most like pen on paper that he's ever felt.

Things change as do tastes. Today, 75% of my prospective students come in saying they want a career in character design. I show them Disney / Atomhawk / Pixar / Nintendo / Studio Ghibli etc etc and that's not what they want at all. I then try them with animation to see if that's it but no.

Most want to draw Japanese inspired characters (big eyes / slightly erotic clothing / perky nose) for friends and sell their drawings for a couple of pounds on Instagram. They all hope the lucky lottery of Instagram will suddenly see them become hugely popular and they can make their living through Instagram.
    A majority will realise that kind of a career is a lottery and there are so many similar fish in the sea and they move on to other things but a few hardcore ones go through the course untouched - drawing the same manga inspired stuff they came in with.

Few years ago, it was different. Popular art was different and it will change again in the next few years hopefully.

Steve S likes this.
  2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Found the one. You have to skip quite a bit (around 11 minutes) to where he mentions the haptics and much improved pen on paper feel.

That was the first I knew of what Microsoft was adding to the new pen.