Improvements you want in Apple pencil?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by siddhartth, Oct 19, 2016.

?

Who wants an Apple stylus with a thinner tip?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. If it was possible then Apple would have done it already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Doesn't matter if it becomes the perfect Stylus, iOS Desktop class full Adobe and OneNote

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. thickness is ok but it's just too slippery

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. both thickness and Slipperiness are a problem

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Oh, I thought you meant the barrel. I find the whole pen too slippery, the tip resistance is fine for me.

2. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

You can add a rubber grip then. I personally will prefer a stylus with a body made with the same material as the Surface pen eraser, rubbery and grippy.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I just want the Cross EMR pen back...

4. siddhartth

There's a cross AES PEN.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

No, the Cross Executive Pen was a Wacom EMR pen.

6. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

I use my Apple Pencil to write letters (it's old school with a twist) and I find myself frequently flipping it around to erase. So I'm strongly in favor of adding an eraser.

The slipperiness isn't ideal, but it's not a big deal for me.

I'm fine with the charging method. I know some people really hate it, but it works fine for me.

7. siddhartth

Same here Edward, but I will prefer if the eraser is enabled by clicking a side button on the barrel. because that way you can easily from eraser to ink, without having change the position of pen drastically between the fingers and thumb. but in any case either of these 2 methods is more desirable than having to select the eraser option from the app menu.

in windows the side barrel button is reserved for the right click so it can not be implemented there and that makes the top end of the eraser the perfect place for it. which is exactly what both Wacom and Microsoft have done with their pen offerings. but i like how Wacom has inplemented it more than microsoft's implementation, i dont like the shape of eraser top of surface pen, it's wide and flat, so it effectively hides what you are trying to erase especially when eraser size is very small. surface pen is not sutaible for erasing in artwork where precision is required. [​IMG]
    wacom pens on the other hand have a narrower, tapering and hemispherical/pointy end when compared to flat and wide surface eraser.
    [​IMG]
    this allows a user to see what is he or she actually erasing. it should not be surprising that the mechanics of writing that make us prefer thin tipped stylus instead fat and stubby ones also apply to erasing too. but this logic somehow escapes the Microsoft engineers, who otherwise happen to be brilliant otherwise.

i will be very pleased if Apple apes the superior eraser implementation of Wacom, that is narrow, rounded end, pressure sensitive eraser end. THIS CAN BE A KILLER FEATURE IN THE APPLE PENCIL 2.0.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  8. siddhartth

@Ed Hardy
    this is what i am talking about.

[​IMG]
    AND THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR MS PAINT, THE POOR MAN'S ILLUSTRATOR, PHOTO SHOP AND ARTRAGE ALL IN ONE.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  9. siddhartth

What you don't need?

10. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to say pen nib thickness has never been an issue for me on the apple pencil. It's more than thin enough. A bigger issue that I would like resolved is having no hover cursor. being able to see where the line will go before I touch the pencil to the surface would be good. Having no cursor to show where the line is going to go kinda sucks.