Improved Pencil 2 To Debut?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Steve S, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpentastic

mrpentastic Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone who got the new iPad Pro 2018. Can you guys see if you can USB-C a Wacom Cintiq to use as an external monitor for apps like Procreate??

I’d imagine it’ll work like an external monitor without issue. But I wonder if it would be possible to use the Wacom stylus as the pen input for apps like procreate when connected.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Can't even begin to tell you how often I've flipped the Pencil around trying to erase something. My reaction is always "ohh, yeah..., forgot about that".

wytn and WillAdams like this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Universal Stylus Initiative called --- something about an infringing joke.

4. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

What do you use as a tablet stand? I perhaps could use something maybe a bit like this with my Thinkpad Yoga & GalaxyBook.
    I set them up a bit similarly (it seems) to raise them and get an appropriate inclination but it's been a DIY/makeshift solution for now.

5. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's actually 366Hz. skip to 3:10 -

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  6. siddhartth

i got to test the new pencil yesterday, it's lighter but it's still not balanced, back-end is still heavy. but interestingly enough, i did not find it very slippery, it was a bit rubbery in feel. But still inferior to the kind of grip Surface HB nibs provide on glass. I would hate to put a matte screen protector on it, it's not as good as Samsung displays( HDR etc) but it's still great. May be it's the oil from our skin that makes the display slippery.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

what about how it compares to the Samsung Galaxy Book?

8. siddhartth

i do not have Galaxybook range available in my country. If they were i would never ever consider buying a Surface or ipad. So, i did not have an EMR based tablet PC to compare with the ipad pro. But, in my country, we do have Cintiqs pro range, and i am seriously considering buying one instead of an iPad Pro, so, i compared both. And as expected, 240 hz of iPadPro vs 266 Hz of cintiq, the handwriting quality was not much different. The real difference was in terms of ergonomics, pro pen2 was a wonder to hold and write with. my corem3 Surface pro 4 was stuttering to power the 16" version, but 13" was no problem. And, as many have said before I did not notice the lag. So, i have two very impossible choices -
    • to get an EMR panel, i will have to buy a cintiq, i will be forever attached to my desk, no mobile note taking, in meetings, conferences and classes
    • or i can get an iPadPro and stay mobile, but i will have to say good bye to Windows 10 and onenote 2016 full desktop programme and the lil games i bought on steam sale, but to be honest my corem3 sp4 can't play most of them.
    And seriously, if any of our american tabletPC community members can bring hp Zbookx2 from there. i will pay in advance. i will be really thankful. It costs $1200 in U.S. but guys at hp in India are saying they will have to import it and i will have to pay $3500, which is unacceptable. It does have international warranty luckily.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  9. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I did exactly this. A friend who lives in America was coming over for Xmas so I got her to pick up the 16GB zBook x2 for me.

I wish you the best of luck in your hunt - but considering the difference you would pay in the US vs what it costs to buy from HP India - couldn't you

1. fly to the US and buy
    2. Take computer out of box and ship the empty box to yourself in India
    3. return to India with personal laptop
    All cheaper than paying HP India price? I almost did but the price difference was cheaper and I've read too many stories about black guys getting shot in America to ever want to go. :confused:

siddhartth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.