I'm kicking Feel driver out of my Tablet PC life thanks to... Wacom tablet driver?!?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This is a Wacom Expresskey Remote thread!

[​IMG]

Thanks to Wacom, now I don't have to worry about Wacom holding me hostage to their Feel driver for their AES devices. Sure, this arrangement required me to fork over $100 ($109 with tax) to their coffers, but at least now I can free my pen from their shall we say "spotty" software support.

This of course, requires me to install Wacom's "professional" tablet driver for the Expresskey Remote, which doesn't affect the AES pen in my tablet PCs at all, which is fantastic. I'm letting Microsoft's Real Time Stylus API drive my Tablet PC pen ship from now on entirely.

This also frees me from being angry about Microsoft's inability/apathy about letting us map the pen's barrel buttons to useful things. You can go #$%# yourself with the pen mapping tease MS. Now I have 17 shortcut keys I can use with any PC in my less dominant hand.

And this also means that Expresskey Remote's freedom powers go beyond just Wacom AES devices. Surface Pro/Book/Studio users can also get down and dirty with their own 17 shorcut keys as well. You just need to $100 and installation of Wacom Tablet Driver for Wacom tablet you may never need to attach to your Tablet PC.

BTW, this $109 investment made my Miix 700 and it's Elan AES compatible touch panel into a sexy sexy swan from a pretty darn cute duckling. Now I'm ready to declare Miix 700 the art Tablet PC of the year.

Thanks Wacom and now you can go get #$#^#$.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Shogmaster did you check whether the Tablet Driver installed a wintab32.dll into your System32 or SysWOW64 directories? Also, did you see a couple other readers claim that the Microsoft Wintab dll will work on the Miix?

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's in System32.

I'm not gonna try any Wintab shenanigans on the Miix since I don't need it at all.

4. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Every Wacom driver version I tried on my EMR devices running Windows 10 gives me either broken palm rejection, or broken touch recognition - usually both. Windows driver all the way!

Shogmaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.