IGDKMD64.SYS Win7 BSOD?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Stan S., Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone been getting this in the last month after MS Patch Tuesday?

My daughter's x200T had it's very first BSOD in Win7 (and the first on the PC since we bought it in late June).

I had her update the Lenovo drivers for the GM45 (March 2, 2010) but I was wondering if anyone else got this on Win7 64 bit. I understand that she was listing to iTunes and doing AutoCad one time and slide-showing a photo album the second.

Google says that most people have this when installing, which is not the case here.

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

After the update do you continue to have the problem? That driver has had issues with 64bit for sometime beginning back with Vista x64 SP1. The recommended fix is a BIOS update and chipset drivers from Intel for the GM45. The ones you got may be fine, but make sure your bios is up to date also.

3. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

Thx. Yes, it has the 3.11 bios (the 3.12 just came out but has nothing to do with graphics). it crashed after the updated drivers (March 2, '10 release). She's never had a problem or BSOD until the last patch Tuesday and the iTunes update and I as a engineering student I know she lives with that laptop at least 15 hours a day.

I asked her some other questions, and the commonality was iTunes. She didn't have the 64bit iTunes, so I made her update to that.

AutoCad is also NOT the 64bit version, but while it isn't offically supported by AutoDesk, they say it's not 'a problem' - whatever that means. I understand she needs Inventor too, so I may make her do the 64bit upgrade anyway and make sure she's 64bit with that.

If it BSOD's again, we'll go to the generic Intel drivers for the GM45....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.