If you need rubber feet

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by limloren, Oct 13, 2010.

1. limloren

limloren Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received replacement rubber feet for free from HP today. Just contact customer service about the issue and request part 592966-001. I believe its called lcd rubber panel kit. If your laptop is under warranty, which it probably is since the laptop just came out, they will send it to you for free and if you ask they will send it overnight same or next day.

2. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Limloren,

I've been dealing with HP for over a month, trying to get the little rubber cushion on the LCD that just to the right of the Web cam. It's about 1-inch long. Anyway, I got the kit a few days ago and it included all the rubber cushions except the one on the top edge of the screen. They're sending another kit, but they don't know what it includes exactly, so they don't know if the original kit was missing them or not...they wanted me to send my tablet in for repair, which is ridiculous...so to make a long story short, did your kit include the narrow rubber cushions for the top edge (either side of the web cam) of the display?

3. limloren

limloren Pen Pal - Newbie

no it didn't, sorry. Good luck with your search! I got the miscellaneous plastics kit as well, its not in there.

4. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

Ahhh, dang! Thanks for the reply Limloren...my case had been escalated beyond the manager to a Customer Satisfaction person...and they can't do anything else beyond sending out a box and having me send it in if the replacement kit doesn't contain the cushions. In addition to being a MAJOR problem for me, it sure seems like an INCREDIBLE waste of time to have to send me a box and pay for expedited shipping to stick a sticker on my computer. So, so aggravating. Oh, sorry about the venting. Companies drive me crazy sometimes.

5. elintripido

elintripido Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys I followed limloren's advice and asked for part 592996-001 under the warranty period and they sent it to me free of charge.

However, I had to insist to the guy on customer care because he thought that that part wasn't the one I needed. Well I just got it and I can ensure you it is. It comes with 10 (!!) replacements for the back rubber feet, another 10 for the front feet, another 10 for the bezel rubbers and another 10 LAN covers.

As you can Imagine those are way more replacements than I need. If you are out of warranty and need one or two feet write me and I'll mail them to you. I'd hate to waste them and I know how annoying it can be not to have one rubber feet. :eek:)

Bernhard Thoni likes this.
  6. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I just tried to order the feet since I also need my hard drive exchanged, and the only part he could find that sounded similar was number 592966-001. He's sending that along with the drive. Hmmm..... a mystery part, wonder what will be in the box?

7. habsfan

habsfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know why some people are able to get HP to replace the rubber feet and others get denied? Is it a difference in warranty agreements (extended vs regular)? I called HP yesterday and they said it was not covered even though my computer is only about 6 months old.

8. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

I received part 592966-001, and even though the number was a bit different than limloren's, it was the same thing -- 10 of each -- back feet, front feet, round bezel screw covers, and lan covers.

At first they insisted that they couldn't send the feet. While I was talking to the supervisor about my drive problem, I asked again about the feet, gave the part number and the description of it as the LCD rubber kit, and then he had it sent to me. You really have to insist that it is the correct part before they will send it. I think they look up "rubber feet", and don't see any parts available to order that sounds like that.

9. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

What exactly comes with this. I just got my tm2t, and it seems like the rubber pad on the right of the right palm rest is kinda loose. Does it come with those as well?

10. rexydog1

rexydog1 Just a User

For those of you with the extra rubber feet, could I purchase them for you? If you would send me the two front and two back, I'd send a $5 bill to you for your trouble! Could you help me with this? My name is Clinton Porter and I'm at 9472 W Ontario Drive, Littleton, CO, 80128. My number is 720-876-8544.

I just got off the phone with HP and they won't send them to me under warranty.

Thanks!

~Clinton