If Money doesn't matter; TC4200 or T4010

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daring, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Daring

Daring Moderator

HP also offers accidental damage coverage for about $169 .

2. Will Robinson

Will Robinson Pen Pal - Newbie

Regarding battery life....does the HP have a way to install 2 batteries at the same time? I believe the Fujitsu has a removable optical drive and you can purchase a secondary battery to slide in the bay which, on most laptops using that feature, will increase battery time by a few hours....
    The optical drive and media bay battery are two of the reasons the T4020 is on my short list.
    Sorry, I don't recall if this option is available on the T4010 so this may be of no help to you in your decision making process.

3. Daring

Daring Moderator

Yes HP has an extended battery, they call it a travel battery. It is a U shaped battery that attaches to the bottom. At first I thought this was a horrible idea, but it works very well and adds about 4 hours of battery life. It also adds weight of course, but then so will the media bay battery on the Fujitsu.

When I was doing my research on the Fujitsu the one thing I could never find was can you use the DVD drive externally? If not then you could never use the extra battery when playing DVD's which is a huge power drain on the system. I know there are others in these forums which feel the need to have an internal DVD, but I've never found a huge need. I keep a few Divx movies on the HD and I'm good to go. Often I don't carry the power supply or external DVD. Battery life is long enough and I carry a USB key for those emergency file transfer needs.

4. p2z

p2z Pen Pal - Newbie

Done Deal!

I have now bought the TC4200 !
    I received it yesterday and have used it for 1 evening.

And for now I am very pleased with it.
    I have also tried the T4010 in approx. 20 minutes. And if I should compare them then it is hard to see any really difference in the normal use.
    That is both have a really good writing surface. Both have really good screans (very clear). Although it seems like the T4010 can be made brighter than the TC4200. But the TC4200 is bright enough.

I don't know if the heat is an issue on all T4010's (but many posts mention it) but for the TC4200 there was no heating at all. That is it does get warm, but in a 'comfortable' way. It is warmer than my hand, but it is spread out on the total surface of the machine. So using it for 4 hours placed in the hands and on the laps feels just great.

By the way, it seems like the 'Accidental Damage insurance' is unavailable for the TC4200. But the tablet is delivered with 3years warranty (they pick it up at home, and deliver it back in case of faults).
    So for now its all 'thumbs up'

5. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Daring

Daring Moderator

HP's website is a true modern marvel. They have somehow created the most confusing website known to man. For a technology company this is quite a trick. Good news for you though, it get's easier with their HP Info Center they install on the Tablet.

If you go to HP CarePack Lookup and look up by product number off of the bottom it will give you a list of options. My CarePack for 3 year accidental coverage is U4411E. I assume yours would be something similar.