If Microsoft were to add any feature to the Surface line, what would you want?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Mar 13, 2018.

1. fuglee

fuglee Pen Pal - Newbie

I want a brydge style keyboard with a battery that can charge the surface. A second usb would be nice too.

2. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly that's what I have been saying all along, the type cover thingy should be limited to Surface 10.5 models if they ever will be. Surface Pro should be cancelled and it should be just the surface books all the way with batteries in the keyboard dock.

But it's not the battery life or type covers that is keeping me from getting my SP4 repaired again to accept pen input. Low IAF and high polling rate is what will make or break its future.

3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I want a new Surface dock that has a dedicated nfc/charge built into the top for your phone. Also suitable for a new band. Maybe even storage that auto copies data across ready for when you connect your computer or auto to Onedrive.

The dock would then be a central home conduit with built in microphones for cortana (But not necessary).

Unification... Band, phone, laptop/tablet all together in one dock.

soh5, siddhartth and dstrauss like this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Great idea, but my continuing fear is that only Apple comes close to this, since they CONTROL every piece of the puzzle, and Microsoft is so legacy-bound it will never happen for the "Windows" environment.