If I order right now, how soon do you think I will get the Modbook?

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by thenewkasanova, Jan 24, 2008.

1. thenewkasanova

thenewkasanova Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have any ideas? Is wallywd the only one that has gotten his? I have tried using live chat to talk to the OWC people, and it always says no one is there.

2. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

According to OWC's website, new orders will ship out by February 22nd... but no one really knows. When I ordered (Jan 8th this year), it said new orders would ship by January 22nd... and mine has not shipped to me yet.

3. Modsquad

Modsquad Pen Pal - Newbie

As Rabbit said, they bumped the ship date up one month to Feb 22nd. It was Jan 22nd, then before that it was January 8th, Last quarter of 07........ So Im guessing by the obvious lack of anyone (except Wally) jumping with glee that they got their modbook order, I would prepare for a long wait. BTW... dont bother calling OWC and bending ears for information cause they are completely in the dark. I couldnt even get a confirmation of my actual order, only a confirmation that I do have an order for a modbook in the system. My pre-order went in Sept 07, and I got a reconfirmation of order email December 24th. Since then....not a peep.

4. Jimerson

Jimerson Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine today.. while ordering it said on or before the 2-22 it would ship, although my confirmation said that because of a back-ordered part, it would ship on/before the 25th. I'm still going to cross my fingers that it arrives before the 22nd in time for a long road-trip... : o (Would be a great opportunity to check out the GPS!)

5. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Modsquad... we have a second confirmed sighting (LOL)... an artist named Louie del Carmen got his ModBook and posted about it in his blog... details are in my blog (posted them yesterday)...

Also, Dan from the ModBook Google Group says he got one... but no one has heard from him since... hehehehe

Jimerson... welcome! Jump in line with the rest of us anxious to get our ModBooks! You better not get yours before some others here... there might be a riot :D

6. Modsquad

Rabbit, I'm beginning to think our theories about order date compared to receipt of order may be flawed. It could very well be that Axiotron are building and shipping based more on part availability for orders that can be applied at this time. Chris Leduc has said in another post that he believes he should have gotten his before Dan. It could shoot the "first come first serve" policy to hell. My biggest concern is that one month into shipping, the tally is less than 5 actual sightings. At this rate, it's going to take a miracle to fill orders all the way through 08! Speculation is all we have right now.......Were there some last minute changes or problems encountered after MacWorld????? I suppose we may never know.

7. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Mod, I hear ya. Though Chris is also out of the country, so there may be some additional hang-ups for him that the rest of us won't encounter (just speculating of course). There's no way to know if he well may have gotten his already if he were state-side.

And I share you concern about what seems like an incredibly slow shipping process... I keep wondering how they are going to catch up by mid February, which seems to be the company line right now. I just wish they (and OWC) would communicate a lot more with what's going on.

8. Modsquad

Proving once again laughter can be good medicine...I logged on to OWC Customer Service live chat, and placed a one line question .."how many modbooks have shipped today?" and low and behold our resident good guy at OWC Service Rep "Ben" logged on and quickly squashed the question to oblivion with... "we dont reveal that information"... and even more quickly logged off without a word more....Wow, I guess the pressure must be building there eh Ben?.....He must have hid beneath his desk after hearing the word Modbook! Meanwhile, I chuckled for a while.. and thought that was actually alot of fun! Kinda like a little doorbell ditch for adults! Ding Dong who's there? A MODBOOK customer.................Click.......hang up!

9. iRabbit

iRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

That is tooooo funny, because *I* logged into their chat system today and got Ben too... and we had a nice conversation. I can't say I ended up with any more information than you did, but at least he was pleasant.

He *did* tell me that it's going slower than they anticipated and that I'm still far enough down on the list that my ModBook will probably NOT ship this week :(

10. chrislev

chrislev Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought Dell was bad!