ie 9 flickering

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by gurkhali1, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurkhali1

gurkhali1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys does anyone have solution for this problem. IE 8, firefox works fine but when I use ie 9 I start getting flickering little white boxes and lines ty

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Worth a shot
    Step 1: Click the cog and manage add-ons. Disable everything apart from flash.
    Step 2: Change currently loaded... to Run without permission
    Step 3: Disable all.

Also try this to make your machine that little bit more secure and ad free
    Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much)

Other than that:

"I fixed this problem on my computer by opening IE9-tools-advanced-then ticking use software rendering instead of gpu rendering. Apply and close."

3. thadwald

thadwald Scribbler - Standard Member

The flickering boxes and lines are caused by bugs in the Intel graphics driver. The only foolproof way of fixing this is to disable windows Aero. You do this by choosing a Windows 7 Basic theme

4. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Most likely has something to do with IE9's graphics acceleration. There might also be a way to disable gpu acceleration. Take this with a grain of salt, as I've not used any IE product for over 8 years.

2d

5. minikui

minikui Pen Pal - Newbie

Reading that, I realize that at the time my IE glitches went away, I did actually two things; uninstalled Swype and disabled Aero. So perhaps I "credited" Swype falsely on that graphics problem.

6. sharpear

sharpear Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't seem to have this problem and I use Windows Aero. Do you have any pictures or a small video displaying this. I am not sure how to recreate the issue since I already have IE9 and use it daily. I don't use any IE add-on, suggested sites, etc. This was controlled from my server default GPO settings though, but I can review them, and hopefull attempt to recreate the error.

Also did you just upgrade to IE 9 and make no other changes from Out of Box, or have you made tweaks to fit your needs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.