IE 11: Youtube freezing, freezing on other sites etc.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MosquitoSmasher, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MosquitoSmasher

MosquitoSmasher Scribbler - Standard Member

Ever since i upgraded to Windows 8.1 and thus Internet Explorer 11 i have been encountering issues. When i go to Youtube and start typing something in the search bar, it just freezes. I can hear the key presses, but nothing happens. After like a minute or a little more it works again. Disabling Active X removes the problem,but it also results in not being able to watch a video cause apparently Flash Player is disabled then as well. No problems with other browsers. But i mostly use IE 11 Metro and with IE 10 i never had a single problem. If this nonsense keeps happening i will try to go back to IE 10 if possible. That would suck though, cause IE 11 is fast as hell.

Also on some other sites when i click a photo it just freezes, only to work again after a minute or so. What can i do about this?

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I had to put YouTube in the compatibility list for it to function correctly on IE 11....

3. MosquitoSmasher

MosquitoSmasher Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah i tried doing that too. Just like i had done for a certain forum where i couldn't select the box to type a message. I went into tools and then compatibility settings or something. I added Youtube.com but it keeps freezing.Youtube.com should be enough, right? I did that in the desktop version of IE and then opened IE 11 metro again.

I tried it just now. I could barely search for anything and it just freezes. It's annoying the crap out of me. Man why do things have to get ruined with updates while they were working fine before? Sigh.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Been a lot of changes to YouTube lately and I just started noticing this today. One thing I notice is that the banner ads aren't working in IE. Probably will be fixed pretty quickly in that case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.