Identifying T901 Dual digitizer

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by dschad, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I am considering buying a T901 but I'm not sure if the screen is a dual digitizer or only active. There is no OS so we can't find out that way. Does anyone have a link to look up features using the part number on the machine (I can't find it on fujitsu's website). Or visually is there a difference? I think I read that the dual screens have a raised edge whereas the active only are flat across the whole screen. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help,

Don

2. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

I found a p/n lookup at http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/supportsearch.do, and it provides the amazingly useful technical specification of:

LIFEBOOK T901

This much I knew...

3. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if there be any information in the BIOS screens which might indicate if there is a touch screen?

The configuration ID is AOL573E61CBB2001.

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Hm, I went poking through my BIOS and couldn't see anything that would indicate a touch screen or lack thereof. For comparison's sake, I have a dual digitizer and my configuration ID is AOM471E61CBF2001, but I also have the Nvidia gpu, which further throws things off.

Are the stickers on the bottom still intact? There should be an item number that differentiates active and dual digitizer models. I found the product page on the Wayback Machine, and mine does match the third one (dual digitizer, Nvidia). See if yours matches any of the ones below.

upload_2016-1-15_12-46-46.png

Attached Files:

5. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for looking and doing a little searching. The part number I have doesn't match any of those:

Product No: FPC01192AK
    Part No: CP530606
    Configure P/N: AOL573E61CBB2001

But I talked with Fujitsu (3x actually), and it seemed to be a bit harder then just typing in the number to determine. Ultimately I got two responses which indicated that it was a dual digitizer and I was disconnected one. But then the support person send me the decoded description and it is:

LIFEBOOK T901,WIN7PRO(64-BIT),MUI, WWAN READY,INTEL GRAPHICS,CORE i5-2540M/VPRO,3 YEARS,DL DVD,4GB(4GBX1),TPM,320GB(7200RPM)SATA HDD,INTEL(AGN)WLAN,BT,WWAN READY,13.3WXGA LCD,WEBCAM,ACTIVE,US KB,OFFICE STARTER 2010 (O10PKR),6CELL(63WHr) (AO

Which says "ACTIVE" --- I was expecting "DUAL"...so now I'm skeptical.

None of those numbers turn up any useful results on google.

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@dschad how about launching Linux from pen drive and checking?

7. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have access to the machine.

BTW, I switched to wanting the T901 because Fujitsu ended up canceling my ebay T734 due to them not liking my shipping address. I got to thinking about it and looking around and I really like the idea of a 13.3 16:10 versus a 12.5 16:9. And if I like the T901 size I'll use that until the T902's hit the recycle market on ebay and upgrade then. I don't mind being a few years behind, let someone else pay the bleeding edge premium.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@dschad but you can ask the seller to do this. I personally didn't like T901 as much as T734 - but that's just me, and it may be due to the fact I received buggy machine which I had to return. It would be easier to put i7 quad there if you ever bother, though. (= Modular batterys for T901 are cheap nowadays - and totally worth it.

9. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

I would've asked the seller, but I ended up getting a different unit in the end (assuming this one arrives!).

It came down to the screen me for - the aspect and size of the 13.3 seems like it will be a lot more comfortable and provides a lot more real estate to work with. Also nice that the accessories/parts are a lot cheaper on ebay, and like you said batteries are really cheap (too bad they don't have better compatibility across their line).

Hopefully I'll enjoy this until the 902's start coming off lease, that is the machine that I think I'd really like.

Starlight5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.