IdeaPad Duet 3i

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bronsky, May 26, 2020.

1. Bergman

Bergman Scribbler - Standard Member

If anyone can chase MS it would be Lenovo. Sorry Dale but my company has and still does sell HP and I would never buy one for myself as they have some of the worst quality control in the business to say nothing about them being the king of crapware. We started selling Lenovo last year and so far have been impressed.

However, the 7i looks like a Surface Pro 7 clone so while it looks good, it is out of the picture for me. I cant understate how the size and weight of the device makes such a huge difference for me at least. At this point I dont see myself going up any from the G02. The 3i looks interesting but in some respects I think these manufacturers' are actually missing my market which is a mini pc. I am not really looking for a "cheap" small device, I want a full bore PC.... but small. so eMMC storage is not really my style. Im sure I dont speak for the masses but I think there is a market for a "professional" 11" device that is under 1.5 pounds. until I see an i5 with a full bore SSD in that size i will stick with my Go thx.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Amen! :cool:

Bronsky likes this.
  3. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

+1
    I have "arranged to be happy" with my yogabook c930, only the lack of RAM is annoying, otherwise it is a very nice machine.
    And the 7y54 is fast enough for me.
    And the ebook reading experience is way better then you will ever get from an IPad.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

every time i see Pentium/ Atom and Core i3 or m3 I shudder....yes i'm a snob.

nnthemperor, Bronsky and dstrauss like this.
  5. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally, a machine that can potentially replace my Galaxy Book 12 (since samsung dropped the ball smh). Now only if they can compete on terms of pen tech. I have no ideas where lenovo stands for artist, i've never used one, but a quick browse and i see this -->http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...-best-aes-2-0-digitizer-ive-ever-tried.75189/

If there's any chance this being a dense grid to relax the pen jitter / wobble, this could be my first premium PC purchase in almost 3 years. Please lenovo, come correct!

I tried for a long time to stay away from the iPad, because i knew it would not have the app support i needed. Even if for drawing only, i would have to carry around a separate PC for doing PC things.

... and then comes along CSP for iPad, and it draws so good, i just couldnt resist

Is there any chance the drawing experience on this machine can be 90% of what iPad offers? I don't need perfect.. i just need it to be competent.

.. well here's to the dream that i can go back to carrying one device again *cheers

wytn likes this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Or anyone planing to pair one of these devices with a secondary (or 3rd) monitor. My zbook utterly spoiler me in that regard. When I bought it....I never imagined just how useful that detachable Bluetooth function would end up being.

wytn, DRTigerlilly and JoeS like this.
  7. darkmagistric

I could be wrong, but its been my understanding that Lenovo has been more or less sticking to Wacom AES for their devices. And in the current state of pen tech, Wacom AES would be the preferable option over bottom of the barrel MPP.

wytn and gobmonster like this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

On the topic of the pen for the 7i, they added a kind of fun "real-world color picker" functionality to it :)

daddyfish, dstrauss and darkmagistric like this.
  9. darkmagistric

wow.....that actually sounds like an awesome feature.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Hopefully, the design and evolution of the 3i does not languish and evolves along with the Go. This device with an M3 or Core I5 and proper SSD would be awesome.

wytn and daddyfish like this.