IBM Lenovo X41 Tablet PC - Our Full Review Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by buchey, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Guest

"Enter Lenovo's IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC and mobile computing consumers have a further renewed interest in the Tablet platform. Our read counts here at TabletPCReviewSpot.com have peaked in response to this exciting new model."

Read the full content of this Article: IBM Lenovo X41 Tablet PC - Our Full Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. thinkpadroy

thinkpadroy Pen Pal - Newbie

Looking for sceen protector do you know where i can buy one

3. Crashless

Crashless Pen Pal - Newbie

Great review! I'm glad I read this AFTER I read the motion announcement, because I'll be honest - I wavered a little about canceling my Lenovo order.

But you brought me back, and I'm glad that I ordered the X41 tablet. Now, I wait.....

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think the X41 is a more useful and well rounded machine anyway.

5. Ozone

Ozone Pen Pal - Newbie

Excellent review Barry! Just one question... how were the resume times coming out of standy or hibernation? Were they measured or do you have an idea if the resume times are acceptable? Thanks.

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To resume from hibernation you are looking at 15-20 seconds. I highly recommend running the "System Configuration Utility" in Windows and turning off unnecessary startup programs. Just be sure you know what you are turning off. This will provide you with a faster overall boot time, and a snappier response when the machine comes out of hibernation or stand by.

Also, thanks for the positive responses on the review. Andrew Baxter provided a lot of information that was included from his X41 notebook review as well.

7. thinkpadroy

thinkpadroy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Barry,

I have a qustion i have ordered one do you have an idea where i can buy a screem protector :p

8. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Roy,

I am emailing your question regarding screen protectors for the X41 to our reps. at Lenovo. Hang tight...

Barry

9. Ozone

Ozone Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your help Barry. Personally, I was hoping for a slightly faster resume time. My wife's Apple Powerbook is a 2 year old model and it resumes in about 2 seconds: can't figure why Windows can't approach that sort of performance. However, given the strengths of the X41, I can probably live with that one annoyance.

10. Crashless

Crashless Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe that that 2 second resume time is the equivilent of a windows 'standby' state. Hibernation is when the computer writes it's memory to a file on the disk then shuts off - which is a much lower powerstate than what standby is: everything shuts off, but it keeps power to the RAM. Too long in that state - and you'll kill your battery.

You can set most laptops to do this, but I wouldn't do it for long. I have my current laptop hibernate when I close the lid, and it's pretty nice. I only do a reboot, or cold start once a week to clear things out.