I Want to Downgrade to XP Tablet Edition

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by NYTeacherTech, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Try talking to Toshiba again & seeing if you can just ask them to ship you XP Tablet Restore Media, make that your first question.

klasikahl, i'm sure NYTeacherTech, doesn't want Vanilla XP on his machine, he wants to be able to use the tablet functionality.

I think if you go that route Toshiba might charge you shipping & handling, but that's gotta be better than $150 for the license?

Hoping this works out.

2. TGG

TGG Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you had any luck with this? I am having the same issues, and would like the option of downgrading. When I first researched this issue with Toshiba, I was told that, because I did not order a preconfigured M700 (I customized my order), it did not come with XP restore discs. I have Vista Ultimate, and still have frustrations with it 5 months later.

3. ghost650

ghost650 Shot Caller

hey, i bet if you call the sales department and complain about how you were supposed to get xp, they'll send it to you.

thats what i did, only i didnt have to get into it too much, as the sales lady was super nice and apologized for sending the wrong OS (even though it was technically my fault for choosing the wrong build) and they sent me a CD with XP and all the XP drivers that a new M700 would have come preloaded with.

the key here is that you're calling sales and not tech support. tech support told me they can only help me with whats on my computer, so if it was delivered incorrectly (wrong specs.... as in OS) then that's sales' department.. so to speak

4. beckib

beckib Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I just tried calling Toshiba Sales, and you must have gotten a nicer rep than I had. They would not send the recovery media, and transfered me to tech support who would also not help. The recovery media was a $10 add on at the point of sale/order, and if you didn't choose it at that time, you're out of luck :(. So, although we have the legal right to downgrade, they will not send the media.

If anyone can help me out, please email me at becki.brown@verizon.net.

Thanks!
    Becki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.