I want a tablet PC that can run World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by bambue, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambue

bambue Pen Pal - Newbie

I will be a student this fall, and really want to have a tablet to take notes on. I want one that can run WoW. I would really appreciate any imput on what tablet you think I should buy and any comments by those who have tried to run WoW or other similar games on their PC

Thanks

2. mikey104

mikey104 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just started playing World of Warcraft on my new Lenovo X60 tablet. I'm really not a gamer at all, but a few of my friends got me into WoW. They all make fun of me because I level up so slowly!

Anyway, the review for the X60 is here if you want to look into it: http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=632&review=ThinkPad+X60+Tablet+PC

Also, I'm sure the other more knowledgeable people can verify this, but most tablets (excluding the ultra mobile PC's) should be able to run WoW without too much trouble. Although, tablets have integrated graphics cards, which are not of the highest capability (resulting in lower picture quality than other laptops with non integrated cards) and you cannot switch them out or upgrade them with a better card (like one of those nVida cards or whatever.) Please though, don't accept what I just said as fact until it has been verified by someone else here...I'm no expert. In fact, far from it. All I can tell you for sure is that my Lenovo X60 runs WoW.

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Pretty much any current tablet will run WoW with some effects turned down. I have it installed on a C2D 1.66 with 2 GB and integrated video. I'd rather be on a desktop system, but I can run Karazhan without probs.

I assume that tablets with dedicated video would be that much better.

4. bambue

bambue Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much for the help.:)

5. boon27

boon27 Pen Pal - Newbie

it may run on a gma 900 tablet pcs, but with 950 gma is more preferrable and if you want a better video card then can wait for the upcomming santa rosa( core 2 duo with 800 mhz fsb) with a better integrated graphics than gma 950.

Just make sure you get alot of memory rams cause these integrated video card uses up some ram + the game itself needs those ram to run.

6. bambue

bambue Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for telling me about Santa Rosa, I think I will wait for that. However, when I tried to figure out when it would be released I got confused. What I think is going on is that it will apear in normal notebooks this month and tablets sometime around August. Could someone tell me if that is correct or if not, tell the the generally accepted dates?

Thanks again

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There are no 'official' dates for Santa Rosa, only speculation and NDA.

Rest assured, as soon as any Press Releases are allowed, you will find the information here. :)

8. Freeman

Freeman Scribbler - Standard Member

If you are into the Santa Rosa just for the GPU, I have to say, you might be disappointed. The AMD/nVidia GPU is still much a better choice.
    If you google the "Intel X3000", which is pretty much the GPU that Intel will use, you will see that the result of the X3000 is a mixed bag, more on the disadvantage side. Nonetheless it's still a step up compared to GMA950. So, I'll have to say by the time the Santa Rosa is out, the AMD&nVidia notebook GPU will be improve as well, and it's still behind. Not to mention the fact that onve the Santa Rosa is on the PR, you still have to wait for the manufacturers to design it into their laptop/tablet, testing it, making drivers, so the whole process could take another year.

9. jordyy

jordyy Pen Pal - Newbie

dude what are you talking about? Santa Rosa Laptops are coming out starting next week, and should fully infiltrate the market by the end of june.

10. FGLRXandYou

FGLRXandYou Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, to be fair... Many seem to think Tablets won't be fully converted till fall. Lenovo seems to imply that we won't see the x61t till Q4, Asus implies the R1F in late june, and supposedly the fujitsu 4215 update in october.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.