I need help! Did I brick my Asus Vivotab TF810c???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Fang the Hedgebat, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Fang the Hedgebat

Fang the Hedgebat Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a forum newbie, so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong, I've never posted on a forum before.

I REALLY think I borked things up, I JUST recieved a used(?) Asus Vivotab TF810c tablet from Amazon, and I decided to try and factory reset it, since it was logged in to someone else's account. However, I tapped "Wipe the hard drive" as it seemed about right, now I realized that it also wipes the ENTIRE OS, which is NOT what I wanted! I dont have any "Bootable OS" or "Recovery CD", and NOW, checking up on the tablet, it seems to have DIED while wiping at around 19%, despite it being plugged in and charging. What do I DO?

The little orange light on the power button (according to the internet) means that it died, and since I'm very new to this tablet, I dont know much about what it means if it stays on, then turns off while holding it. I'm just very scared, do you think it'll be fine, or did I just brick my new tablet??

2. Fang the Hedgebat

Fang the Hedgebat Pen Pal - Newbie

To follow up, after I let it charge, it actually seems fine! It simply told me "There was an error reseting," and it works as usual again. No need to reply or anything anymore, the issue has been resolved.

surfaceproartist likes this.