I need a hp pavilion tx1220us

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by P8RSON, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderprediger

wanderprediger Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

my name is Adrian, i'm going to study physics beginning in october and i want to buy a tx1220us for that purpose. my only problem: i live in germany, and as the suffix reveales, it's only available in the us. so i need a distributor. so my question is, if somebody could be so kind ,purchase one for me and send it over here? i know, it needs a lot of trust on both sides, and to be honest, i'm a poor going-to-be-student , working for a year without payment here in the philippines, so my budget is limited, but it won't be for nothing. i am realy asking for your help here and i would be realy gratefull.

greetz adrian

2. apinkpony

apinkpony Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm... I loooooove Germany.

I'd be willing to help you out. I'd have to check out the legality of it all but I am willing to help you. Obviously we'd have to figure it out further first though... but again willing to do what I can.

3. wanderprediger

yeah, very good idea, i don't want to do anything, that's not legal either, so best will be to check that first,although i don't see a problem there, but best will be to assure that. and i have actually no idea how we can wind up the whole think, but i'll figure it out. but thank you already, i really appreciate your willingness to help!!

4. wanderprediger

by the way, how come you love germany? have you been here?

and i forgot: happy independence day!! ^^

5. wanderprediger

i just looked arround a little , and at ebay.co.uk , there is a guy who sells hp tx1219us to the uk and europe, so it seems to be legal, but i'll ask hp per mail. the only thing with that guy ist, that he wants to have 1748,53$ for the lap, and the tx1220us modell is only about 1350$ ... plus shipping of course ... but still cheaper - and better. i don't know, as i said, i'll ask hp, but i thinkt it's legal.

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I take it you are referring to this sale.
    It clearly states in bold and bigger font text:-
    We ship all our items as gifts with low value to avoid customs
    (that being the seller.. not me. I have absolutely nothing to do with this item, I searched for the sale on ebay and am simply pointing it out.)

Which, under UK law if found to be a trade sale posing as a gift and undervalued to avoid customs & excise, would result in the item being either confiscated or heavy taxation penalties applied.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. wanderprediger

Hey again,

@P8rson: i didn't doubt any legality of what you are doing, I just said, i don't know.And actually I wasn't referring to the shippment at all, the only thing, that i wanted to say was: i don'T know ,if it's allowed for apinkpony to sell a hp tx1220us to me.

I wrote an e-mail to HP though, but they didn't understand what i was asking for :) - Customer service ... but i tried again, let's see what they'll answer this time.

greetz adrian

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When I said the words
    I wasn't referring to me.... I was referring to the person selling the item on ebay.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the Sale... All I was doing was pointing it out Adrian.

9. rahulnirmal

rahulnirmal Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in the U.S and considering the TX1220US. Does anyone have one for sale or know the cheapest place I can get it from? I think it was about $1280 after $150 total in rebates at Amazon.com

10. Ulazhi

Ulazhi HP FTW

try costco dot com
    thats where i got mine~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.