I miss the ergonomic design experience of Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ptrkhh, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

When you turn on "Tablet Mode", it has the border to resize both at once.

NamelessPlayer and HJK like this.
  2. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Huh, I could've sworn it didn't come up when I had Tablet Mode enabled on a prior build. Maybe they fixed that.

The switchover for Tablet Mode needs to be manual at the moment, which doesn't help much. It doesn't properly recognize when I've shifted the T901 into slate mode, nor would I expect it to due to the system's age.

The T902 may fare differently since it was designed for Win8 from the start, but I don't feel like experimenting with Win10 on my main workhorse tablet just yet, especially with the instability and general sluggishness of the current Technical Preview. I'll probably take up the free upgrade there once it's hit RTM and Fujitsu's pushed out some updated drivers to match.

Also, I was wondering for a moment why my desktop was looking a bit faded and had no icons...oh, wait a minute, Tablet Mode was still on! What a waste of a desktop there, don't you think? I'll say it again: the Start Screen needs to BE the desktop!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So it's opening night for baseball now, and with another live sporting event that I want to have Twitter snapped open for while doing other things on the rest of the screen, it just reminds me again how much Snap sucks in Windows 10.

I really hate how much manual window management I have to do. I'm constantly having to resnap everything instead of fluidly moving between my apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.