I?m thinking about buying a tablet pc

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by pengwinzz, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pengwinzz

pengwinzz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I’m thinking about buying a tablet pc but most of the ones I have seen so far have a low res (1024x768)

Does anybody have a list of all the tablets that cab flip into laptops that have a resolution above 1024x768?

Thanks

2. DragonFlame

DragonFlame Pen Pal - Newbie

I think the toshiba laptops can go to 1400 x 1050... I remember the m200 could and the M4 could've as well. Those're the older ones though, but I'd guess the newer ones should be able to as well?

3. NJS

NJS Pen Pal - Newbie

Most should be able to have higher resolutions then 1024x768, just look for the option SXGA and (WXGA which widescreen). But with a 12 inch tablet 1024x768 should probally be enough. The new Toshiba's normally have XGA or WXGA.

4. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

I was about two seconds away from ordering the 4210 on the VT website when i decided to go test a PDF on a 12inch screen.

So i just tested out a 12 inch with XGA resolution and scholarly PDFs are unreadable without squinting on fullscreen mode (in portrait mode)...yeah so i guess im not getting a 12 inch tablet, the text is blurry and all around unacceptable (this is even with cleartype in acrobat on). Since one of the main reasons I wanted to get a tablet was to annotate PDFs in portrait mode im afraid that this is only good for papers with larger fonts, which for the most part are not conference proceedings and scholarly papers.

someone let me know when they have 14 inch thin and light tablets.

just a FYI

anyone know how to zoom in on fullscreen mode in adobe??

5. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

You hold ctrl and then press +

6. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

There is only one 12" tablet with an SXGA screen and that's the toshiba M400. The only other alternative is to get a greater than 12" tablet.

7. PYROTAK

ok im going to give it a shot be right back! ok i think i love you.

So question, if I wanted to annotate this said pdf...how would i do so? Could I do it right out of acrobat or would I import it into onenote?

All of the sudden I am excited about maybe getting a tablet PC again.

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Under Full Page view of PDF files you can also use either the left/right trackpad keys to move up/down a page as well.

9. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

If you have Adobe Acrobat and not Adobe Reader then you can. But if you don't then you either need to import it to Journal or OneNote to comment on it or to get another program that will allow you to comment directly to a PDF file.

10. PYROTAK

Yeah im not just talking about using a comment bar or something can I ink directly onto the PDF from acrobat pro?