I love the T2010 display

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by halfnocturnal, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanine

alanine Pen Pal - Newbie

What is your WPM on the twiddle? Do you feel it's ergonomic enough not cause any pain in the fingers or wrists? Is it difficult to perform key combos like CTRL-K CTRL-C when you work in an editor?

I'm asking because I use a AlphaGrip myself, but the size isn't perfect for my hand, and it still kind of hurts my right wrist.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Rieuk, I am using lighttpd now instead of apache, but for some reason it decides to stop sometimes in the middle of the night. I restarted it just now when I woke up, I'll look into it.

alanine, I don't know about WPM for typing normal stuff, it's slower than using a keyboard because you only have one hand. So I try to use pen/voice for writing long english. Sometimes I use the twiddler, but it is best for coding and correcting pen/voice mistakes and doing up/down navigation.

It's pretty easy for me to perform all key combos the same as a qwerty. I can record a video demonstration if you wish. The twiddler allowed me to keep coding because my right side is now pissed off for doing so much mouse/key action for so long. Having the twiddler in the left hand helps off load some of the stress.

It also is more efficient than most other input devices because I can sit with both arms up along the top of a couch, and by barely moving my thumb I can control the mouse cursor, then a few short movements of fingers and I've clicked or typed something simple. But it's still not what I want. All these interfaces are so primitive. I need to find something faster, more efficient, and biocompatible so it doesn't stress me physically with so much use. A direct feed into the nervous system would be nice.

3. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

alanine I made a quick vid of the twiddler for you. It's off topic for this forum, so you can take any further questions here.

4. VT808

VT808 Pen Pal - Newbie

Will you void the warranty if you take the protective screen layer off the indoor model?
    Also Jamon, I downloaded the video you had about removing the screen protector and I can't get it to play on QuickTime Player. Is there something I need to do to make it work?

5. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

I like to mention that my x61t SXGA+ is grainy too. But has a glas-like surface, so nothing to peel off :-(

6. sarguy

sarguy I never finish anth

I would assume that the screens on the 5010 are close to the same as on the 2010. Anyone have any experience with them?

7. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm interested in this too - was previously happy to pay for indoor/outdoor but not so sure now.

Anyone with a 5010 care to comment?

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

check out the side by side review on gottabemobile, they are virtually identical. (the HP tx2500 is also included in this review)

Another review of the t5010 vs the t2010

9. tonkabui

tonkabui Pen Pal - Newbie

I have both computers sitting in front of me now. They screens are identical on the I/O option. At 50% brightness, it's better than the TX2051 at 100% in clarity, color rendition, brightness, contrast, and viewing angles. If you want to buy just the indoor option and peel off the AG layer, that's up to you. During my reviews of screen protectors, I accidentally peeled off a tiny corner of the AR protector while uninstalling the InvisibleShield. Luckily, it was small and I was able to press it right back down with no real ill effect. With the Photodon over it, I'm not worried about the screen being damaged anymore. I'd spring for the I/O and stick on a Photodon AR protector. It's absolutely phenomenal.

10. TerryWu

TerryWu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi tonkabui,

After lots of read up on tablet pcs I've just ordered my Fujitsu T5010 and now want to get a screen protector for it. I'll be mainly indoor and drawing lots on the pc for animation. Which of the Photodon protector do you recomend, Anti-Glare or Crystal Clear?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.