I lost my pen!!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by schwarz86, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

:mad:
    Hey guys, I am really agry about myself because I lost my pen somehow. Has anybody of you a clue whether it is possible to buy this digitizer somewhere in the web?
    My question is: Is here in this forum anybody who decided to sell his VivoTab I would be very happy if she/he sold it and shipped it to me.
    Thank you for the help!

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

You can replace the pen. I don't know if Asus sells replacements, but most wacom pens should work. I don't know if the Vivotab has a silo, but likely a non-asus repacement wouldn't fit in it.

3. schwarz86

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Glad to hear you got it worked out. I found it strange that Asus wouldn't sell replacement pens. They are a common thing to lose.

5. schwarz86

6. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

I also recently lost mine, fortunately stumbled across the windows surface pen at bestbuy for $30. Was a little bit more than I wanted to spend (ideally I wouldn't have lost the pen in the first place though I guess). Was happy to have something I could try out beforehand though (or at least return) as opposed to a mystery pen from amazon.

The other nice thing is the pocket clip on the windows surface pen. In addition to being the height of fashion, it allows you to clip the pen to the pen slot on the asus VivoTab case. I usually carry my laptop around just in its case, and it fell out because that slot got too loose from overuse.

Hope this helps!

7. schwarz86

Is this Amazon.com: Original Microsoft Stylus Pen for Microsoft Surface Pro: Computers & Accessories you pen?

If yes, does it have a rubber functionallity?

8. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

Yup the eraser works great. Not sure why amazon is coming up as more expensive than bestbuy though, although I did find it in store.

9. schwarz86

I just received the bamboo stylus "Wacom LP-170E-0S". Unfortunately it does not work with the VivoTab. I will return this one and try to get the one of microsoft which you already recommended.

10. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Someone should have told you before that regular bamboo pens don't work on our Vivotab, because they are not penabled compatible. The newer Bamboo Carbon pens seem to work though, I was considering buying one as a replacement, but as they lack an eraser and only have 1 side button, I have discarded them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.