I just picked up ATIV SMart PC (500T) from Staples for review purposes.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Shogmaster, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelpout

eelpout Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone mange to install the latest GPS driver (19.17.7413.6 )? All I get is "Installation failed (-10)" from SW Update.

From reading the various Dell Venue 11 Pro reports that are trickling in, I wish Samsung had waited to relaunch the Tab Series with Haswell and Bay Trail processors. Since I'm not sure Dell is getting their release quite right.

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have the same issue.

3. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Please confirm the bios number, that you are on win 8 not 8.1, and that the hdmi works. Thanks for posting. I have learned with this machine to update late since Samsung often pushes error prone upgrades.

4. citizen-x

citizen-x Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm on windows 8, NOT on windows 8.1. HDMI works perfect, both video and sound output to external monitor. BIOS utility (the one that is displayed when one long-presses windows homescreen button while boot-up) says the BIOS numer is P11AAI, and MICOM is P08AAI.

Windows utility "msinfo32" is a bit more specific: it lists BIOS as "P11AAI.362.130911.SH", with date 11/09/2013. Since this is an update that showed up in my SW-Update somewhere in november (I check manually, autocheck service is disabled), I presume that BIOS (signature?) date is 9th november 2013 - not 11th of september.

5. poulan

poulan Pen Pal - Newbie

Same error here on install. Absolutely typical of Samsung but the worst thing is that it will take them 6 months + to fix an issue like this. It's only over 1 year since I bought this PC and I've still not been satisfied with GPS performance. Samsung.

6. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Scribbler - Standard Member

What's your exact 500t model number? under sensors in device manager, what's the name of your location sensor?

7. Ravikaleova

Ravikaleova Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seriously considering the atom based hybrids... due to battery life mainly, I do grow tired to always needing to charge my slate, (i guess, my ipad has spoiled me with the whole battery life thing!!)
    Please let me know about SKB and PS, how well does it run???
    I know zbrush may be a long shot, but what the hell, right?
    Best Flashlight

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.