i just got my new r1f

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dantheman, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dantheman

dantheman Pen Pal - Newbie

i am the proverbial new guy. i just got my r1f in the mail today and was wondering if there were any essential settings and tweaks or updates that everyone has found out over painful experience (that i hope i won't repeat)? thanks in advance for the help

Daniel

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I know that there may be some pen scratching problems when you put the stylus pen into the pen "garage" or holder, however I'll forward you to this thread: here.
    If you don't want to tape up your stylus a bit to avoid scratches, you can just carry the stylus elsewhere and store it some place other than the pen holder.

Other than that, for system tweaks, I'll leave that to Asus R1F users to share their experiences or tips. :)

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Grats on the purchase. I love my R1F, and I'm sure you'll like yours.

Personally, my pen has scratches but they fade. It's not a big deal to me.

The only thing I'd suggest update-wise is to load the latest BIOS and drivers from the Asus website. The software on the system CD's would be getting a little stale by now.

One more thing to do after you get the system loaded up: Plug in some earphones and let us know how much static you have.

4. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Get a driver update for the intel graphics chip too.

Second on the bios update. The hibernate and standby settings are a little glitched without it.

5. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

6. alanpark

alanpark Pen Pal - Newbie

I had to ditch the Powergear software to fix the standyby/hibernate bugs. I dont know if you are an NFTS user, but my R1F came preformatted with FAT32. There was a handy-dandy NFTS convertor batch file on the desktop.

7. BornLoser

BornLoser Pen Pal - Newbie

alan, you had to ditch power4gear to get your hibernate to work? That sucks man, P4G is a pretty handy little program since the presets are all configurable. HOpefully another BIOS update will officially 'fix' the problem.

As far as new software goes. I would recommend the graphics update from intel if you have screen rotation issues, as well as the enhanced driver update (but only after reading the WACOM thread on this forum) to get pressure sensitivity and the like.

Congrats on your purchase, Dan. I hope you enjoy your new R1F as much as I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.