I have a few questions about the C-142xl...

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by ScubaX, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrDmoney

DrDmoney Pen Pal - Newbie

I plan on get this gateway tablet or one like it in one of the next months. I have of course looked at other post, and I do see how to hassle the reps to get the best price. The reason I plan to get a tablet if for 2d and 3d art, lite gaming, and note taking. this gateway does seem to be able to get the job done, through its impressive specifications with having a great price. I do got a few questions though.

1.) What is the pressure sensitivity of the screen, 512 or 1024?

2.) Can I somehow hook up the tablet to my desktop and utilize the screen as a tablet screen, so I have an additional screen that I could write on from my desktop, utilizing the power from my desktop?

3.) Is there any other drivers than vista 32bit, due to the fact I may want to dual boot the tablet in xp at a later time? Even if they are hacked drivers...

4.) Have there been many problems with this model table or has it just been isolated problems, if any?

Sorry for any grammar, spelling or any other errors...

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

1. If i remember correctly the pressure sensitivity of tablet pcs...except the modbook is 256 levels.
    2. don't know will have to leave to someone else to answer
    3. the tablet used to used to be offered w/ XP, so drivers should be available.
    4. don't know someone else will have to answer.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. aidirisuto

aidirisuto Pen Pal - Newbie

256 levels and you can't tell the difference. I'm a hardcore wacom tablet guy, and use one every day for work (drawing concept art and comics) and with updated drivers on my newly purchased C-140x it runs real smooth in Photoshop.

4. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1) 256
    2) if you mean feeding the VGA port as an Input INTO the tablet so you can see the desktop on your tablet. No.
    3) look and see. I think some were able to get XP on it

5. DrDmoney

DrDmoney Pen Pal - Newbie

1) Thanks, I just wanted to know, I shouldn't notice it due to the fact that I have never used a tablet.
    2) Dang, I was really hoping I could use my tablet Pc as a tablet for my desktop... I figured I couldn't but it was worth a shot, but I do think it is possible to use virtualbox over a network. Have a virtual pc on my desktop but use it on my tablet. It could work but, I would have trouble with 3D rendering seeing that you can't really utilize a GPU when you have a virtual os.
    3) I will look around a bit for drivers myself.

Thanks for all the information to all that have helped.

6. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Drtigerlily gave you the link to the XP drivers in his reply. The C-140/141/142 are the same. The only changes are cpu from the 140 to 141 and Vista Sp1 added to the 142. So the drivers he linked will work for an XP Tablet install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.