I got a M405

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by JonMiller, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonMiller

JonMiller Pen Pal - Newbie

Now I need to learn to write better. What else should I do?

Cursive seems better.

Jon Miller

2. JonMiller

I have a question (I figure I will have many questions, so if people reply to me I will just use this thread and not make many new ones). So I got two CDs with the my Toshiba M405 (I got it from Best Buy, but it wasn't opened so probably it was as it came from Toshiba). The two CDs are a recovery CD and a DVD CD.

Now OneNote comes with it, I have a little peice of paper with the OneNote registration on it. Now is it on that recovery CD? (I would expect it would be) If so (and even more if not) can I get Toshiba to send me a CD for free (or close to it). Also, what do people know about cases? I got one, but I am thinking about getting Toshiba's 3 in 1.

Additionally, for better or worse I got the uber warranty from Best Buy. It is suppose to guard against accidents, I hope that I don't need it (my screen though is awesome, I haven't seen any bad pixels).

Jon Miller

3. drzeller

drzeller Pen Pal - Newbie

re: OneNote -- the only installation option you have is via the restore media. Since it is the OEM version, you are technically not licenses to use it on another machine, and Toshiba includes it as part of the overall machine image, not independently. I have also read that you need the OEM installation CD to use the license key you have -- it will not work with the retail installation CD's.

D.

4. JonMiller

Well, for those that are interested, the M405 plays EVE fine, and Ryzom not so fine (but does play).

I have a question about the disk that they send to reinstall everything (in case you break it), does that include everything? If I were to format my HD (in lets say a linux install boondacle) would I be able to recover everything that came on it? (I really just downloaded a few clients, and took a few notes, I have nothing else special on it).

While the screen is nice and appears hardy, I have noticed it can get smudges on it, what is the best way to clean it?

Jon Miller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.