I can't get the Pen to work on the touchtablet

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nocivo, Jul 1, 2011.

1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

There are several consumer devices..What other software, hardware have you installed?

Should have allnative driver be ibtalled first..such as wacom before others.. install the wacom pen driver from asus first ..then let window update.all reboot many times..then 7-21..
    If this does not work..fresh install win7 again..all hard ware drivers from ASUS..MS updTates..then wacom7-21 before any other programs.

2. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

@ CF77

I've done 4 clean installs now since yesterday, 3 of them from the recovery dvd through a usb bootable memorystick, installing windows 7 64-bit home edition. the fourth one another memstick with windows 7 ultimate. None of them would register the pen at all when using it on the touch screen.
    I've then only tried to install the:

EXC7700_FW_V1213
    ISD_DualTouch_702-21
    Touch_Panel
    Wacom_Pen

As mentioned in Haralds post, I've after that tried and uninstall the HID devices and install the 4 drivers mentioned above. without success.
    Hardware-wise I've got a Logitech Ultra X Keyboard as well as a Logitech MX500 mouse connected to the tablet (that is what causes the extra devices in the list) Nothing else has been installed before or after those steps.

EDIT: Actually I did install all windows updates on one of the clean installs after above steps (in total I think there was about 60 updates, 170mb data). It didn't change anything...

I should prob. say that my Recovery DVDs are labeled "Revision 4", I don't know if they themselves cause any problems? Would be good to see/hear what differs between the revisions.

Best,
    Micha

3. CF77

Remove your keyboard and mouse...reboot and use TIP then try to install.

4. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, what do you mean by TIP? :)

5. CF77

Tablet Input Panel..your on board keyboard with handwriting input as well.

6. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

After deleting the the two HID devices and taping on the button that brings forward the virtual keyboard, only allows me to "write something", which I can't do because the tablet doesn't recognize the pens, nor can I touch with my fingers since its been deactivated by uninstalling the drivers... So it becomes a bit tricky to install something? :)

I tried to install the wacom pen, ISD etc. before I uninstalled the two HID devices... but it was just giving me the same results as before.

7. CF77

Had you rebbot..? and let windows update do its work? in this case let windows update automatically?

8. CF77

also get a screen grab of your programs but in the i and w listing range.

9. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

after rebooting and i tried to install the 4 drivers when that didn't work i uninstalled the two HID devices then It became a bit difficult LOL!!!... restarted just to realise that I had no input possibilities at all. I tried to attach the usb keyboard just be able to type in my password... but the comp wasn't having any of it.. so I had to put in the USB bootable mem stick and do another recovery.

Currently doing the recovery as we speak...

btw. these are the images:

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7042/programs3.png
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8940/programs2.png

should also work to click on the album again, and it will update to 9 pics...

best,
    Micha

10. CF77

Get your basic system running first before install or do any customizations.