I can't decide between the Lenovo X61T or Fujitsu T4220

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by awkward silence, Jun 17, 2007.

1. lepakvt

lepakvt Scribbler - Standard Member

oh wow, I was looking at the education part for contract agreements for schools. I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks, I just reconfigured everything to how I had it before and it's almost another $150 cheaper.

2. marcc

marcc Pen Pal - Newbie

when i go through the eduaction section it doesn't show the new x61's... how did you get it to come up?

3. lepakvt

What I did was:

Education > Education Employee Purchase Program - Faculty and Staff > Virginia Employees (will probably be different for you)> notebooks > view thinkpad notebooks > convertible tablets > x61

4. BenI

BenI Pen Pal - Newbie

I was going to go with the T4220, but now they are not letting you have it with the SXGA screen!
    So I guess I will have to start considering the X61...
    Does anyone know how the performance of the X61 (Low Voltage) compares to the T4220??

5. StoneBoy

StoneBoy Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess one of the reasons that I'm going with the Fujitsu T4220 is that Fujitsu has the indoor/outdoor screen. Since I'm going to college and what not, I know I'll be needing the indoor screen for class and outdoor because I usually like to spend time outdoors studying.

6. swimmerxc

swimmerxc Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok I got a question for the T4220 and the X61... I can't decide which one to buy...

The only thing that is holding me back for the X61 is the optical drive... does anyone know if the Ultrabase can be snapped on the laptop and taken anywhere where the user wants? B/c I need this for college and say during class if I need to use a CD or DVD and I don't have my optical drive I'm $#@!ed.... Also is the Ultrabase can be snapped on and carried whereever, will it also take more battery juice?

Another question... T4220 Core 2 Duos T7500 processor is faster than X61's right?

Are both video cards the same? Do they both use shared memory?

Another question is the Intel Turbo Memory... Say if I buy 2 GB of RAM and also buy 1 GB of Turbo Memory... will that give me a total of 3 GB of RAM or just 1 GB b/c it Intel's Turbo Memory takes the other GB?

Lastly, I never used both these brands.. From your experiences, which brand offers better customer service?

Thanks

P.S Anyone else buying a Tablet because there going to VT?

P.S.S Does X61 come with Onenote 07 or do you have to buy it?

7. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just keep in mind that there are graininess issues that come together with the indoor/outdoor screen; you might want to check out the Fujitsu subforums for more details on that, know what you're getting for your money.

8. koss

koss Pen Pal - Newbie

You can carry the X61 with UltraBase. It will be heavier than X61 obviously, but shouldn't be too bad. Ultrabase by itself shouldn't cause any battery drain except for the optical drive and any other items you attach on the Ultrabase.

T7500 is clocked faster (2.2Ghz?) than L7500 (1.6Ghz), so it should be faster, although I didn't find any benchmark. Today Tiffany released a review of X61 with benchmarks and it looks pretty darn good!

Yes both use embedded Intel GMA X3100, which is marginally better than GMA 950.

Although Turbo Memory is utlized by OS and the system, you should not have full and direct access to the 3rd GB like a normal RAM.

I don't have a personal experience, but P8erson would be happy to share his excellent customer experiences with Fujitsu support.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. lepakvt

Whoa! I am! You might've been able to tell by my username (last name+VT). Small world, isn't it?

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Pen Pal - Newbie

VT Engineering requiring a tablet is such a pain...
    Can't play games on your laptop, I guess. At least I can draw in class? Guess the first thing I'll load onto the tablet is a copy of openCanvas 4.5 to check compatibility.

--Note that your processor if you choose lenovo will not meet the university recommended spec.

[PC Processor speed]
    Core 2 Duo (dual core) 1.8 GHz or higher

The LV version will be significantly slower. Clock seems to have a tremendous effect on C2Ds [and thus is why many decide to overclock them]. Also, if you look on the benchmarks, it's being compared to other LVs and the tx1000, which is using an AMD.

I also found a benchmark on the 2.2GHz version. The x61 is at 3,436 PCMarks, for reference.

Seeing that it'll be for engineering programs... slower processing speed won't make it entirely incompatible with the software you're running... just that they'll take longer to execute. Seeing that there's quite a large PCMark difference, I would definitely weigh your options. >.>;