I can't decide between the Lenovo X61T or Fujitsu T4220

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by awkward silence, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lepakvt

lepakvt Scribbler - Standard Member

The X61T has the smaller size and superior build quality, while the T4220 has the superior processing power.

Price isn't much of an issue now since the price on the X61T has been cut for Memorial Day on lenovo's website.

Is the lack of an optical drive on the X61T a good or bad thing? I suppose it's good because it keeps the size down, but you might not have an external drive with you at all times.

2. tymoteusz

tymoteusz Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo IBM X61 Tablet:
    + MultiView + MultiTouch display
    + 7200rpm Hard Drive
    + Intel®Turbo Memory hard drive cache
    + Intel® Core™ 2 Duo L7500 LV (LV is +)
    - no optical drive

Fujitsu-Siemens T4220:
    + Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7700 (no LV is +)
    + Modular Dual-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer or battery
    + SIM card slot (I think there is)

Rest are the same or almost the same. And you must chose.

P.s. Sorry for my english .

3. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

Another thing to consider is that the Lenovo uses a pointerstick and the Fujitsu uses a touchpad.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, I wish Lenovo would use a standard TouchPad.

Which to me is the difference between pass and purchase. :)

5. lepakvt

I think I'm going to get the X61T.

I'll be getting an Ultrabase dock with a DVD burner in it, so I'll have an optical drive, just not on the actual tablet, which is fine I guess.

But now you guys bring up the pointing stick and are making me reconsider. I've used them before and found them to be really awkward at first, but I only used it for 5 minutes max.

It's either the power of the Fujitsu or the small size of the Lenovo.

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If it helps......
    I do love Fujitsu Tablets, I make no cover to this.

Of the Tablets I own, one of them is the P1610.
    Now I love this small Tablet and couldn't be without it BUT.... it has one flaw which very nearly made me pass on a purchase and that is it has the same TouchStick that Lenovo uses.

This is obviously because being such a small machine a TouchPad on the keyboard would have been too much.

So.... I love the machine but loath the TouchStick and avoid it as much as possible.

7. lepakvt

Are touchsticks really that bad? I didn't like the one I used for 5 minutes, but I figure I could always adapt to it. Now you've got me slightly leaning towards the T4220.

I think I'm going to go crazy over deciding which one to get. And there is really only around a $100 difference in price.

8. lepakvt

I've got another question: (sorry for asking so many, I just want to make the right decision)

Does the battery stick out at all on the T4220? I see on the X61 that the battery sticks out an inch or two on the side, which looks kind of weird...

9. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been dealing with the same dilemma with the touchstick vs touchpad. I talked with a few of my friends and they raved about how once they got used to the touchstick they could never go back to the touchpad. I've been practicing on my Dell laptop which has both lately. I have to say that while I hated the thought of the touchstick at first, I've grown accustomed to it. I still think I prefer the touchpad, but I can use either well enough that its no longer a deciding factor.

10. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The T4220 uses the same chassis as the T4210 and T4215. The battery installs on the underside of the laptop, and does not stick out in any way as far as I can tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.