I also, have just ordered the 4210 :-)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by rob1116, Jul 15, 2006.

1. agent

agent Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh hey, completely missed this post. Yeah, CenDirect says they have some in stock. My campus computer store also says they have some in stock with their supplier.

Anyways, let me know how your experience with CenDirect goes; I'm very interested in your opinion of how their service is. :)

2. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, so far so good regarding Cendirect: I placed the order yesterday afternoon, and I received an email invoice this morning saying that my order has been shipped! Assuming it shipped out from one of their two Ontario warehouses that had them in stock, it should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday!

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine arrived today from a UK stockist. :)
    Now, amongst many other tasks I need to spend quite a bit of time adding my own software niceties and customising it to it's best.

4. rob1116

Sweet! I can't wait until mine arrives, and I can start my 'new-toy ritual'. I'll be buying a bottle of wine and maybe some beer, and opening it very slowly, reading and admiring every little thing as it comes out of the box :eek: When it comes to electronics, it's an almost creepy obsession, lol.

Normally, I would be formatting a new system shortly after delivery... but seeing as how I don't have a copy of tablet edition, I'll have to get by with a thorough cleaning, followed by the installation of all my favorite apps.

P8RSON: If you know of any tablet-specific "must have" software, by all means let me know.

5. DragonFly

DragonFly Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I've had difficultly finding the 'essential' apps for TabletPC's! Any help in that area would be appreciated! :)

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When you do open the box you will notice the absence of a paper manual.
    Why Fujitsu did not release one is a topic open to question from most of the developers.
    However, considering the amount of money spent on a tablet, it wouldn't hurt makers in providing a paper tomb.

Anyway, I would recommend you get a copy of the online manual and have a read (it's also on the Drivers Disc as well).

Must have softwares....
    Depends on what your looking out for Rob but if you mean 'generalised', then I would say your first would be MS OneNote to get a good look over.

If you like calculation, you could give 'xThink Calculator' a try.
    See here.

If you like MindMapping software, you wouldn't do bad in having a look at 'MandManager' by Mindjet
    See here

There is more but this would really need it's own thread :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. rob1116

No paper manual? That's a shame. Normally I am a big proponent of paper-less everything, but sometimes it's nice to have a hard-copy you can read when you don't have access to a computer. For instance, the day I get my 4210 will probably be a work day (I usually start at 8pm), and I would really like to take a paper manual to read at lunch and on breaks.

lol... reminds me of the evolution to software control over everything. It was great for most things, but then it went too far and every little control was suddenly software. And now, it is considered a luxury to have hardware controls for things that could be controlled by software (say, wifi on/off).

8. agent

agent Pen Pal - Newbie

From all this T4210 talk, I can't wait to order mine, now! I'll probably place an order with CenDirect next week.

Oh, also looking forward to your impression of the tablet, P8RSON. I'm trying to gather all the info I can before making the big mouse-click. :)

9. jones059

jones059 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's odd -- my 4210 shipment included a 128-page manual/user's guide. I wonder if it accidentally got left out of yours?

10. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

its clear that they hate people in the Uk and don't give them manuals :D