I also, have just ordered the 4210 :-)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by rob1116, Jul 15, 2006.

1. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well that's that. The months and months of agonizing reading, looking, poking and posting have finally, for better or worst, come to an end. I feel like a weight has been lifted! :rolleyes:

Despite the (IMO) antiquated XGA screen, the T4210 still seems like the best option for a Core Duo 12" convertible. After many mornings spent staring at the checkout screen on the Fujitsu.ca site, today I finally clicked it... and I don't think I'm going to regret it.

I ordered the $2281 English model, (in Canada, there's no customization option, only pre-configured) modular bay battery, pen tether (anyone know if this is functional?), and the over-priced 3M screen protectors. It's the 1.83GHz Duo, 512 RAM (will be immediately swapping this for 2gig dual-channel DDR667), 80gig HDD, DVDRW, Intel Wireless + Bluetooth, and Indoor-only screen.

Approximate shipping date: July 29th :confused: I sure hope it's sooner than that... I can't wait. Of course, I will be posting every little praise and complaint I can muster as soon as humanly possible!

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good on you Rob :)

3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

i just got my paycheck and now i have a hankering to buy something! hmm plasma screen or t4210 hahaha.

4. agent

agent Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice. :) I remember in this thread you said you were planning on trying the phone haggling idea. Any luck? I might try the same thing if others have had success.

5. rob1116

After much debating, I decided to order mine directly from Fujitsu Canada. I don't know about in the US, but in Canada, the Fujitsu services seem minimal. Obviously, they will stand by their products in any country; I just mean that they don't seem to have a large retail infrastructure. When I called the first time to begin placing an order and to test the waters for haggling... I knew right away that the agent was simply punching my info into the online order form. I spoke to a couple of different agents, and each one told me that they have no ability to alter the prices or add free accessories... the only thing extra they can do is look-up and add a coupon code, which they did to get me a measly 3% student discount (not the 5% they give in the US). Perhaps someone might talk them into punching in some kind of coupon code, but I really got the impression that unless it was a legitimate discount, they weren't going to do it.

All in all, a very expensive endeavour... after accessories and taxes, my $2281 (CND) tablet end up costing me about $2850 (CND), purchased of course on my warranty-extending Visa!

6. agent

agent Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the news, Rob. If it's only a 3% discount, I might just get it from CenDirect or my campus computer store instead then.

7. rob1116

You might as well, you can probably get one a lot sooner.

I was going to ask for some opinions on Cendirect (I'm in Ontario, and hadn't ever heard of them until reading the name in this forum), because they have some in stock and the price is a little lower... but I couldn't wait, and I didn't want to be worried about dealing with a retailer I don't know for a $3000 purchase.

So for future reference... have you ordered from Cendirect before? How is their service?

8. rob1116

Bah! I can't wait for a July 31st ship date when Cendirect says they have 4 in stock at a warehouse only a couple of hours from my place! I read some good customer comments online that looked legit, so I just cancelled my order from Fujitsu Direct and ordered from Cendirect! It came to about the same price as my Fujitsu order... and it might actually ship tomorrow!

9. agent

agent Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, I've never ordered from CenDirect either. However, I have read some good things at RedFlagDeals.com.

The first time I heard of CenDirect was last year on a thread at the Buzz. The poster there said he purchased a TC4200 from them. He never mentioned any problems with them, so I figured I would give them a try.

10. rob1116

hehe... I read those reviews too. Well, as long as it arrives factory-sealed and in a reasonable time, I won't have any complaints. If the actual tablet has any issues I'll probably have to return it to Fujitsu anyway.