Huion's Kamvas Pro 13

Discussion in 'Artists' started by AvalonX, Aug 29, 2018.

1. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder if it's something to do with Wacom patents expiring? Dell was able to build the canvas with touch and yiynova did it last year.

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You have to do the diagonal line test more slowly than you did in your video to see if there is any built-in wobble effect. Drawing at moderate to high speeds allows the driver to blow over problem spots, extrapolate effectively and produce a clean line.

It's really only an issue with very picky inkers (like me). For your style, it looks like a pretty great tool. I've seen much worse examples of wobble. (The original Surface Book being one.)

3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Bows down and genuflects at the huge amount of effort and pain this post represents.

CreateNowSleepLater likes this.
  4. CreateNowSleepLater

RIght, I was on my phone when I replied. I thought I knew alot about pen tech. Anyway, I did see Brad's follow up video. What an awesome guy. I hope he didn't take my comment wrong, I was going to get him the drivers I was using. Some of you might not know, I'm not a big channel and make no money so for a guy like Brad to mention and link to me was really appreciated. That said, no doubt on what he is experiencing so I am going to test again but really slow it down. I didn't think I was going that fast but to do a fair analysis, I'll do it. I've got something else coming soon on Huion that will pretty big and unexpected if it works. I just can't talk about it yet. Thanks for the comments guys! Work is crazy and I have no time to draw/write until probably the new year so I am trying my best to keep the channel up to date.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If Iron Man's countryside uncle approves of the device, then so should we

11:25 LOL at his jab at "EMR snobs"
    None of are guilty. We only use Atmel gen1 and used Etch A Sketches on tpcr, nothing else reaches the bar.

6. CreateNowSleepLater

Just an update. I did experience wobble when drawing so slow the pen was barely moving. Now just a note, I learned to ink with a quill pen and by now means do I have have the consistency as some of you. If fact, it I inked that slow with a quill, I would have probably gotten india ink all over the paper. I am working with Huion support. When I get new drivers I'll update. I recall Wacom having this issues early on with the Cintiq Pro 16 and they were able to fix it with firmware.

7. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

How is the device holding up after spending more time with it? I'm seriously contemplating this one to replace my Monoprice 22HD with batteryless pen just because the drivers are making me insane. There hasn't been an update since 2016 and running chat apps like telegram at the same time kills the pen pressure for some insane reason. I've been doing most of my work on my Samsung S3 because the pen is just that much better...

Starlight5 and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Kamvas Pro 13
    Comes free with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Kraft macaroni Krackers, and a few rusty lug nuts.

9. CreateNowSleepLater

Its been solid. I mean nothing changed from the review, its working great. Might want to check out the 22" too. I enjoyed that one as well.

10. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, my 13 Pro arrived today - a lot earlier than originally informed. An Amazon box much bigger than the tablet and no air-bubble wrap to protect the original Kamvas box... That's not Huion's problem - it's the seller.

Have had a play - first impressions are it's packaged well - no damage from rattling around in the Amazon box. The stylus - having gotten used to the weight of the Dell Canvas pen which is a similar weight to my Koh-i-Noor clutch pencil - is VERY light. Hard to get used to but this is only after 10 minutes play.
    Only other issue at present is lag - I'm using it with my MacBook Pro and it could be a Mac driver issue but it's definitely there.

Wobble - not noticed it much but I'll play with it more tomorrow. Build quality and screen are really really nice. It doesn't look or feel like a cheap nasty clone. The pen however feels less than solid - but I'm comparing it to the weight and build of the Dell pen.

More tomorrow.