Huawei MateBook Tablet PC Surface Pro 4 Competitor.

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by alextrela182, Feb 21, 2016.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

With such improbably potent hardware within such a impossibly thin and trim body, the possibilities... are never-ending. :vbcool:

With huge deals like this running on 6th Generation Skylake tablets, given already the high release price of the Galaxy Tab S3, I can hardly see how Samsung is going to sell their Galaxy Book tablets at the high prices we now expect.

dellaster likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

The only thing keeping my brother from purchasing it is it is over 11-inches (EDIT: And the battery life as he reminded me today from our prior discussions months ago in researching the reviews online, particularly this review: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-O...pectre-x2-12-vs-Huawei-MateBook.172273.0.html ). The weight is perfect, though. If just one other company (besides Samsung's Galaxy Book 10 which is expected to be overpriced) could take all these features and fit it into a sub-11-inch 3:2 or 4:3 body (as I have shown again and again, again directly below, Intel already has a 4:3 9.7-inch reference design for a Core M tablet freely accessible to their partners), it would be the tablet he has been wishing for.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

JoeS likes this.
  5. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

Looking for long-term owner reviews... How has your MateBook held up? Any specific hardware issues? Did you find the m3/m5 adequate for your needs? Did you like the keyboard? Did you need any warranty service and how did that work out? TIA.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. rabilancia

rabilancia Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had mine about 2 months. I've had no hardware issues. I've used both the Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3 before getting my MateBook. The SP3 had more power than I needed while the S3 often did not have enough. I preferred the size and weight of the S3 for my frequent use as a tablet. The MateBook gives me a size closer to the S3 with a screen the same size and resolution as the SP3.

I miss having a microSD card slot, but have gotten by with a tiny OTG USB-C adapter and a tiny 128GB SanDisk Ultra thumb drive. When I need it, I use the very nice Huawei MateDock. I do not own or use the Huawei keyboard, rather I have and use the Microsoft Bluetooth Universal Mobile Keyboard--the MateBook fits nicely in the slot to hold it steady on a flat surface.

Bronsky likes this.
  7. Droidophobe

Thanks for the response. What are you getting for battery life?

8. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

And how is it going in sleep mode? Is there any battery drain?

9. rabilancia

rabilancia Pen Pal - Newbie

I've not paid particular attention to the battery life as it hasn't been a problem for me. Sorry I can't provide specific details.

10. Droidophobe

No problem, thanks for your help.