HP's USB-c charger lock crisis explained

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by alisaad619, Apr 9, 2016.

1. tlchiam

tlchiam Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an HP Elite x2. I tried it with the Finsix DART with USB-C cable and it does not seem to work. I'm not sure if there's a problem with the charger, the (proprietary) cable or that the tablet is not compatible. Anyone has experience with this combination? Thanks

2. NeoMatrixJR

NeoMatrixJR Pen Pal - Newbie

The Dart web page has a compatibility checker and even says the Elite x2 is locked and incompatible.....

3. Hank

Hank Pen Pal - Newbie

could you tell me which bios version that you used and works with apple's 29W Type-C charger?

Anyone know whether this will also works with Spectre X2 (2016) ?

4. Dexeaur

Dexeaur Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone, got a Spectre x360 13 inch laptop with the dual thunderbolt 3 on the right and x1 usb 3A on the left. It's a I7 U7500 model. Is there ANY powerbank that will charge it?

I'm more than happy to buy another hp charger but its the portable power which I'm keen on as well.

Any ideas?

5. pavelbul

pavelbul Pen Pal - Newbie

Check this video -
    Based on it, there is no problem charging 13" Spectre x360 with e.g. RavPower 26800 PD powerbank. Any Power Delivery powerbank should work therefore (there are few, but they exist)

6. Josh Jones

Josh Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the J5Create Charging bridge to use with the Dart and it works perfectly as it somehow defeats the HP block. You can get the bridge at https://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5crea...ffcode=pg199014&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2.

7. stego

stego Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    is Pavilion x2 12 USBC still crippled? I saw there are some BIOS updates. I thinking of ordering one from sell out.