HP Zbook X2 RAM & SSD Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mr. Boosh, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've been eyeing this as a potential replacement for my Vaio Z Canvas and thought "I'll just buy one with the CPU I want and then upgrade the memory and SSD myself," but that sure does look like a chore and a possible recipe for an expensive disaster.

Anyone successfully upgrade either component? I can't find an answer anywhere, but I doubt the HP On-Site Warranty accompanying some purchases would cover hardware upgrades. Maybe it would be worth it to get a local trustworthy technician to upgrade it.

Thoughts and information would be appreciated.

2. nurbs

nurbs Pen Pal - Newbie

I've looked at the service and repair manual for the X2. It does use a standard dual SODIMM and one SSD M.2 slot. The X2 is not user upgradeable, but it can be done. You will need suction cups to pry open the screen, but the rest will require standard tools and some patience.

It's this reason I've decided to go for the Zbook x360 instead, more user accessible and more power. The only drawback is that it uses AES instead of EMR. Ugh why HP.

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I looked at the manuals too, I'd be scared of destroying a ribbon cable of some sort.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I feel ya.
    The 360 looks otherwise like the perfect replacement for my T902, but nope. So close yet so far...