Hp ZBook x2 g4 USB C pd bank requirements

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by apogee, Dec 24, 2018.

1. apogee

apogee Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you guys know if a 45w usb c pd bank will be enough to work with the ZBook x2? I have the RAVpower 26800mah, 30w pd bank which powers my MacBook Pro 15 TB, but doesn’t have enough juice to power up my ZBook x2. I have tried the Omnicharge usb c 60w 20100mah pd and that works fine, but returned it because $200 was a bit much for just 2hr of additional time. I have found an new usb c pd at a really great price of $57 but it’s rated for 45w. I would try to avoid testing it out if I could, and rather just buy if someone can verify.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@apogee : I only noticed your post recently, so sorry for the delayed response.

<...Do you guys know if a 45w usb c pd bank will be enough to work with the ZBook x2?..>>

...I do not. But since the X2 comes with a 90W AC adaptor, and you already know that a 30W PD battery is insufficient, my guess would be that a 45W PD battery would also be inadequate. I can't give you a factual reason for that statement; it's just experience and judgment on my part.

<<...I have tried the Omnicharge usb c 60w...but returned it because $200 was a bit much for just 2hr of additional time...>>

...A brief comment about this. Again, based on experience, reliable and long-lasting batteries are relatively expensive. As the saying goes, you can always find something cheaper, but these cheaper batteries may or may not provide good service or long lives. I've used and recycled a lot of batteries, but the ones that have survived have all been quality devices with higher price tags. For me, buying and subsequently discarding cheap batteries proved to be a false economy...