HP Zbook x2 g4 quick keys

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Gene Van Horne, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Gene Van Horne

Gene Van Horne Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I just picked up a used Zbook x2 u8650. It works great and I’m really liking it except for one issue. I can’t use multiple quick keys at the same time. I have a Wacom 22HD Touch, a Wacom remote, and a Cintiq Companion 2. All of which allow for multiple quick keys to be pressed at the same time.

This feature is especially important for me as I’m a Zbrush artist and being able to press Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Space in various combinations is the basis of my entire workflow. Anyone familiar with Zbrush knows what I’m talking about.

ANYWAY, I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get multiple quick keys to work at the same time on the Zbook X2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Gene

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oh dear....I don’t use multiple quick keys at the same time in my workflow, so I don’t have the answer to that....but I know it’s been asked here before, I do remember that very questioned being asked I think somewhere on the main Zbookx2 thread. It was a little while back, before I had a Zbook so I didn’t follow up to see if they found a solution to that.

3. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't work on mine. The only way would to assign these combinations to different quick keys, as for each side you can switch between three different couple of assignations for the 2 upper quick keys.
    But I don't find it intuitive to navigate between the three different modes.
    The quick keys are small, black on black and the small led showing which mode you're on doesn't have visible indications that helps to know if it's the first, second or third led which is lit.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@Gene Van Horne : IIRC, and I'm not sure that I do, I think the earlier discussion concluded that you cannot combine multiple key presses on a single quick key. I'm not sure that anyone ever asked if you could press multiple quick keys simultaneously (which is what you are asking?).

I second the suggestion that you skim the two ZBook X2 threads for the discussion; there may have been a work-around suggested, but I just don't remember...