HP ZBook X2 G4 7500u Photoshop slow brush performance

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by apogee, Nov 23, 2018.

1. apogee

apogee Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I just got one of these a few days ago and setup the [PSUserConfig] file to fix the Alt + Right Click brush settings and was really upset that Hp didn't include the Options... button to select side switch mode to: Click & Tap. This is not the biggest deal, but it would have been prefect if included. If i update drivers from Wacom, to connect my Intuos or 22HD, the Click & Tap are saved, only if i restore settings from my desktop.

Anyways, my biggest problem now is the performance in PS cc. I paint / render in PS and when the brush size gets larger then 400 px, its unreasonably slow. Is there a known issue or a setting change that I need to make to increase the brush speed? I have the base cpu 7500u, 8gb ram and m620 Quadro. If this is just what you get with a i7 dual core, then just tell me my cpu is the bottle neck, but from what I've watched and read in many reviews on this cpu, it would not be a huge difference in performance. My canvas z 4770hq and Macbook Pro 2.9 -15 1st gen touchbar are blazing fast in PS rendering. No lag unless you do over 1k px brushes.

Im coming from a VAIO canvas z, and this ZBook all that i was looking for. I only bought it because it was $899. The discount was just as good as my Canvas z, so i had to jump on it. The quality of the casing is amazing... I'm so impressed, and the keyboard is very nice and solid, not stamped ALU like the canvas z. Is there any way to keep the lights on the keyboard without having it sleep?

Any comments are appreciated,
    TIA!

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

The i7 7500u isn't a particularly powerful cpu so a 400px brush might very well bring it to its knees depending on the complexity of the brush.
    You could try adjusting the gpu usage preferences: at least on the Surface Book 2 it makes a lot of a difference when it comes to Photoshop Brush performance, so who knows it might be the case with the Z Book too.

3. apogee

apogee Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you think more ram would help? I can easily upgrade the ram from 8 to 16gb.