HP ZBook Studio x360

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ATIVQ, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

stoneseeker likes this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Well I don't really, it certainly would be irresponsible of me. I did manage to invest just under $9000 last year in my business, but that was a Cintiq, new Desktop, new monitor, ergonomics, a new chair, etc. Spending more than that just one year later and on a single device would be lunacy even if it is for work...

Regarding the JBOD enclosure route, I'm assuming you would be relegating it to desk use most of the time in this case? I can't imagine it would be fun to tote that around with your convertible.

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Desk use ALL of the time. I've denounced many devices before because I couldn't upgrade the storage, might as well switch over to external storage for most things.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The DreamColor display is the best currently available on any convertible (and probably one of the very best for any laptop, period)
    The GPU is very similar to the 1050
    8th-gen ULV are as powerful as 7th-gen full-voltage with the exception of nonstop high-load computing tasks.

The price seems fine to me, $2700 for an i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 10-bit 100% Adobe RGB 4K display, considering there are no other convertibles with such high specs. This is pretty much the device I want, but I'll wait for reviews and maybe a price drop. Wish they'd bump up the RAM to 32GB. Shame the Xeon doesn't come with the good display. 'course the pricing on the customized units is still stupid.

5. MASTUHFUL MONKEYMON

MASTUHFUL MONKEYMON Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have this sexy beast? Please I need a review. Are the thermals really going to be disappointing? Q - Q"

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Devlin likes this.
  8. nurbs

nurbs Pen Pal - Newbie

ATIVQ likes this.
  9. josamey1

josamey1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Using the configurator they're unfortunately still several hundred dollars more expensive than the preconfigured options even with the sizable discount.
    There is a 15% coupon working with the preconfigured models (SMB15), and combing that with ebates cashback, currently at 10%, makes buying them from HP a bit cheaper than any of the resellers. And buying from HP should have the advantage of easier returns should one decide it's not for them (posters on Reddit were saying b&h photo does not accept returns on them, though I did not confirm this myself).

ATIVQ likes this.
  10. nurbs

nurbs Pen Pal - Newbie

How often does HP run that 40% off coupon on business configurables? Ready to buy :)