HP ZBook Studio x360

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ATIVQ, Apr 5, 2018.

1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

2. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

It would be great to integrate the AES stylus charger into a silo, where you can have a place to store the stylus, and have a small switch to turn on/off charging... Also do not understand the new tent style hinges as opposed to the rotating hinges that convertibles used to have... It doesn't make sense to have the keyboard open on the bottom in tablet mode even if it is recessed from the surface... Besides that this looks like the first true successor to the T902... almost....

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think it would support it, they're probably just saying that in the marketing based on the drives offered at time of sale.

4. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone buy this yet??

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

They are only expected to start shipping in Europe on June 20, and later in North America and other markets.

6. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI, today i noticed this product already uploaded to HP website along with model number / spec variant, but still no pricing.

ATIVQ likes this.
  7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The price difference between the i5-8300H/8GB and the i7-8750H/16GB is $1000... I thought there's be a huge difference between the i7 and the Xeon but it's just $50. Absolutely no reason to get the i7 when the Xeon is better in every way, for just an extra $50.

8. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

i still unable to see any pricing on HP website.
    would you kindly write it down the pricing you found?

9. nurbs

nurbs Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, new user, long time lurker.

I am a digital artist and have been using Wacom EMR (currently 27QHD and Intuos) for years. I hear Wacom's AES tech is not as great as EMR, but how much worse is it? Is it completely unusable or can one get away with it?

This HP x360 looks great. Was going to get the Zbook X2, but need much more power and storage, and this fits the bill. Unfortunately they used AES for the pen (god, why!? it would have been perfect if it was EMR). Was curious if any user here as done any direct comparison on AES vs EMR specifically in HP's line of tablets?

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The prices are from the B&H website, and looks like they read my post because they just added another $250 to the Xeon models...
    • i5-8300H - 8GB - 256SSD - Intel graphics - FHD - $1500
    • i7-8750H - 16GB - 512SSD - P1000 - FHD - $2500
    • E-2176M - 16GB - 512SSD - P1000 - UHD - $2800
    Some of the specs on the site are wrong, I'm pretty sure they're still updating the specs and prices. The features I'm most interested in - color gamut and color depth - are not listed yet.

I'm not an artist and I haven't used HP AES implementations but... there's little to no slow-diagonal-line-wobble on EMR, but there is slight wobble on AES (there's a lot of wobble on MPP and extreme levels of wobble on N-trig). High-end EMR polling is 200Hz, AES is probably 100Hz but I can't verify this except that EMR feels like it reproduces strokes more accurately. I've seen software that only uses AES (and EMR) at 60Hz so this is sometimes software-dependent. Of course EMR doesn't use batteries so AES has extra costs and maintenance in that regard. New AES has tilt but I haven't used it or even seen it. EMR tilt kinda sucks compared to Apple Pencil tilt, so I'm not sure you'd use tilt anyway.

As a non-artist I don't think AES should be any sort of impediment to digital drawing and painting, and definitely not an impediment for sculpting and photo-editing.